Wine can sometimes seem a bit mysterious, even pretentious and descriptions aren't always easy to understand. We can help with:
How is wine made?
How can I tell if a wine is sweet or dry?
Does this wine have high or low acidity?
What does a 'full bodied' wine mean?
What are tannins?
We show you "How to Taste Wine Like a Pro" at all our events, but at an introductory evening we explain every detail right from the start, so you can impress friends, family and sommeliers!
Overview of the day:
· Kicking off with a Champagne Introduction then an introduction to some of the World's major grape varieties
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Malbec & others
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay & others
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· How to taste wines like a pro– aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak, when a wine if faulty
· Tutored Tasting of 12 wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine - do you prefer warm cliamte wines or cool?
· Which wines to buy / where to get the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Book this class as a private group!