What you will do
2 hour workshop
Doodle Art Workshop is designed for everyone who wants to learn and give this amazing form of art a chance.
Learn to translate complex shapes into simple line drawings using logic and creativity. Ignite the dormant aspects of your brain to boost memory & creativity, improve focus & interpersonal communication and to release anxiety.
This workshop will help you to communicate your emotions or thoughts in a visual language and release stress. It’s simple to do, because it is representational, based on an icon or a basic shape.
In the workshop you will be guided step by step to structure your ideas in a beautiful artwork.
You will be guided how to combine different shapes and lines to create patterns, graphics and clean clear designs.
I provide these workshops regularly, personalising the programme to each individual student. By personalising the programme individually, you are able to learn and develop at your own pace. My aim is for you to explore and experiment with shapes and lines to express your thoughts on to a beautiful artwork and to have fun in the process!
You can choose to work on the already outlined graphics or sketch or create one of your own. You don’t have to worry about whether you can draw or not, you will be guided step by step into the process.
What YOU will learn and key take- aways:
-The basics of Doodling
- Materials, Tools and Techniques
- Developing Ideas
- Creating patterns and compositions using basic shapes and line art
- Learning to combine different shapes/forms together
- Refining your art
- How to know your own style
- How to blend doodles in design
- Participants tend to find their creativity is really amplified, and find the ideas come naturally to them as they work. This helps to relax and improve focus.
It is for beginners, artists, non – artists or for those who are looking to cope with stress in their lives.
Did you Know
Doodle Art can help you;
- Build memory power: Doodling helps the brain to stay alert for a long period and, as a result, process more information. When listening to a long lecture, the brain tends to ‘switch off’. Doodling prevents that by engaging the brain without the individual losing interest in what’s being said. It also helps the brain fill in gaps in thinking and processing the information it is receiving.
- Enhance creativity: According to Sunni Brown, the author of ‘The Doodle Revolution: The Power To Think Differently’, doodling helps activate different areas of the brain which usually remain dormant while an individual is processing word-heavy information. This helps a person to arrive at creative solutions to a problem while he is doodling.
- Improve focus: Contrary to popular belief, doodling doesn’t distract. It helps stay engaged and alert. In fact, according to research, doodling helps improve concentration as it prevents an individual from daydreaming.
- Help express emotions: Doodling is often a reflection of the unconscious mind. Dr Robert Burns, former director of the Institute for Human Development at the University of Seattle, who used doodles to diagnose emotional expression, stated in his article published in In Health (1991) that "even the most innocent doodle may carry messages from the unconscious". So, a doodle may often reflect the individual’s state of mind and emotions.
- Relieve stress: Psychologist Christine Selby, in her book ‘Chilling Out: The Psychology of Relaxation’, says that drawing a continuous line that curves and crosses itself many times across a page helps people relax and unwind. Since there is no pressure of ‘painting a good picture’, doodling helps you feel more zen because of its simplicity.
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, Ashima Art
Ashima Kumar founder of Ashima Art believes;
“Art can penetrate the very deepest part of us, where no words exist.”
Ashima has been working at the cutting edge of Graphic Design and Visual Art. Her creative works are an exploration of the world around her. Inspired by Kalamkari art and Zentangle she has developed her own style of contemporary art using pen, ink, water colours and technology to realise mixed media artworks.
After completing her ‘Bachelor of Fine Arts’ degree in 1993. She set up her eponymous design studio and has successfully conceptualized, designed and executed several prestigious corporate and social projects.
Her evolution as an artist has also been greatly enhanced by her teaching experience. She provides art classes for children and adults, personalising the programme to each individual student. By personalising the programme individually, you are able to learn and develop at your own pace. Her aim is for you to explore and experiment with a range of mediums. She also helps building art portfolio for 11 plus kids and regularly mentors GCSE art students .
Ashima is the force behind the increasingly popular “Doodle Art & Design Workshops” for mindfulness. The Doodle Art & Design Workshops were born out of deep personal exploration and research into doodle art. She utilises elements from this style to impart tools for well-being. The workshops combine simple art forms, repetitive patterns and detailed instructions to help attendees discover unconscious thoughts, improve focus and enhance cognition. In the process, the participants experience reduced levels of stress. The tools provided are meditative and expressive in nature and lead to an overall sense of well-being and accomplishment. Her workshops are much sought after for their ease of experience and are attended by children (5 years-18 years) and adults alike, including corporate executives & managers and the elderly.
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.