What you will do
2.5 hour class
Learn the dying art of making pasta entirely by hand and enjoy a truly unique experience in a relaxed, homely atmosphere, where you'll learn all there is to know about pasta and will create some of the most unusual and beautiful pasta shapes, traditional in Italy but virtually unknown in the UK.
Each month there is a new pasta to learn, new flours and flavours to explore.
What to expect during the class:
- A brief introduction to the history of pasta and why there are 2 ways of making pasta (egg and egg-free)
- Learn to mix different gluten-free flours (according to the pasta of the month) and other ingredients, the best ways of kneading, and all the secrets to obtaining a perfect gluten-free dough
- Cooking demonstration of the sauce that will be served with the pasta
- Handle, pull, and fold the delicate gluten-free dough to obtain the pasta shape of the month (no machine used)
- The best cooking technique for the perfect pasta al dente
- Enjoy the delicious fruits of your labour together with the other guests, Italian style.
All equipment (minus an apron) and ingredients provided
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, The Pasta Artist
Silvana is a 4th generation artisan pasta maker from Naples. Her passion is to teach the dying art of making pasta entirely by hand, saving rare pasta shapes from disappearing and helping pasta lovers to recreate the authentic Italian experience, teaching techniques passed down to her by her family.
Her grandma, Nonna Rosa, has taught her everything she knows, started training her when she was just a teeny weeny 5-year-old. Nonna Rosa's been her only teacher for 17 years, allowing her to earn first hands experience in the small family pasta factory. In July 2017 Silvana featured on BBC2's "Inside the Factory" as a pasta expert.
All equipment (minus an apron) and ingredients provided At the end of the workshop, you will cook and enjoy the pasta you made, with a homemade sauce, Italian Coffee (espresso) and tea and a selection of homemade Italian biscuits and/or cakes!
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.