5.5 hour class
This cake decorating class has been updated and is a one day class where you will learn all there is know on how to cover and decorate a sponge cake with sugarpaste. The class is suitable for complete beginners or for those that want to brush up or perfect their cake covering skills.
In this class you will learn:
- All about cakes and which ones are suitable for icing
- How to split, level, cut and fill and a cake ready to be iced
- How to apply a crumb coat to prepare your cake ready to be iced
- How to prepare and roll out your icing for covering
- How to cover your cake so that you get a professional, neat and flawless finish
- Working with levellers, spacers, smoothers and other equipment correctly
- How to colour your icing correctly and what colourings to use
- How to finish off your cake board and cake
- Floral Wreath - learn how to make pretty flowers and leaves and learn how to arrange on your cake
- Lettering - Learn how to use make letters for your cakes which will allow you to put any message on a cake
- Colour palettes – how to find the correct colour scheme for your cake and incorporating it into the design
- Be able to ask any question you may have about cakes and cake decorating
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Rock Bakehouse
Rock Bakehouse was founded in 2011 by Nathalie, a self-proclaimed cake-lover, with a focus on cake decorating, sharing knowledge and meeting people. Rock Bakehouse aims to provide a relaxed atmosphere in which students are able to learn all that there is to know about cakes, baking, and cupcake decorating.
After discovering that there was demand for affordable, friendly and short classes, Nathalie decided to start providing workshops. Rock Bakehouse now host classes from their beautiful and fully equipped workshop in West Hampstead.
No matter whether you are a novice baker and have never baked a cake in your life, or an experienced pro just looking for some practice, these classes will take your skills to the next level and leave you with a longing to try out what you have learnt at home.
Everything you will need for the classes will be provided for you and you will also be able to take home with you all that is made throughout the class. As well as this, you will be given a jam packed worksheet with all the information that has been covered during the class.
Further information: All equipment and materials are included in the class. You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day. We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere in all our classes. Our small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. In each class you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again. A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your cake creation! Please note our classes are adult classes, the minimum age for students in the classes is 16 years old unless stated otherwise
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.