What you will do
3 hour class
In this class, students will create soft 'American style' cookies and mouth watering 'Viennese style' biscuits. With the help from an expert teacher Xanthe, you will start by learning to cream and mix the biscuit dough, followed by step-by-step guidance through each stage of the baking process.
You will learn
- Fail safe cookie recipe
- Fail safe Viennese biscuit recipe
- Correct weighing and measuring
- How to adapt the recipes for a variety of flavours
- How to ensure cookies are equal size
- The right way to fill a piping bag
- Piping equal size biscuits
- The perfect technique for light, creamy filling
- How to check the cookies/biscuits are perfectly cooked
- How to pipe filling onto biscuits
Now you can
- Bake wonderful cookies and biscuits at home
- Build upon what you have learn to boost your baking repertoire
- Pass on these skills and techniques to friends and family
Keep / Eat
Students will be able to walk away with 20 delicious hand-made treats.
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Cookie Girl
The original cake, cookie & cupcake baking and decorating classes in London.
Cookie Girl gives you the chance to learn from a celebrity baker in Willesden in North West London. Head tutor and best selling author Xanthe Milton teaches you the secrets to ensure that your cakes and cookies are always the perfect delight.
Xanthe, a.k.a ‘Cookie Girl’, began baking life by selling cookies door to door around Notting Hill and Portobello Market in 2003. Quickly, a loyal following grew around Cookie Girl and her blog ‘The Cookie Chronicles’ which was picked up by Grove Magazine as a regular column for 5 years.
Cookie Girl has written a best selling book with Random House, stocked products in Selfridges, had 5 pages of recipes featured in the independent, featured a full page in Grazia, had over 4 million youtube views and done live demos at the Good Food Show, Cake International and other food shows.
At Cookie Girl you will be guided through how to pipe the perfect swirls, roses, ruffles and peaks when trying to create the best cupcakes you can to wow your friends. Lots of classes, from beginners to experts are on offer, and the Cookie Girl also arranges lots of private / bespoke classes for corporate, hen and stag celebrations. All classes are under 10 people so you can be sure to get lots of hands on help.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.