3 hour class
Always wanted to decorate a cake? Well here's how!
Note: the November 17th class is a special 'Christmas cakes and prosecco' session - learn to make the perfect cake centrepiece for your festive celebrations!
In this class
Is cake decoration something you have always wanted to do - but couldn't find a quick class to get you up to speed, well that's what this beginner class is here for! Spend half a day learning how to create fantastic finishes with icing, create adorable figurines out of sugar paste amongst many other valuable tips and tricks needed to decorate that cake you always wanted.
This class is taught by Mihaela, and she runs her own business decorating beautiful cakes, as well as making cakes for all occasions from birthdays to weddings.
This class is for beginners and you don't need any experience with cake decorating to have a fab time. Your cake will keep for about 5-6 weeks.
Beyond having a fab time, what will you learn you ask?
- How to roll the icing and cover your cake so that the end result is a flawlessly neat finish
- How to make different types of sugar figurines and flowers
- How to work with icing and marzipan
- How to colour sugar paste
- Safest way to transport cakes
- Understanding which cakes work best with which type of icing
- The class includes cake boards and cake cards as well as all the different types of icing and fondants you will be using to decorate your cake. Basic tool sets are available to use in the class and available to buy at the discounted price of £10 (normally £14.99).
- You will need to bring: 1 x 6 inch sponge cake
- You can either bake your own cake or bring in store bought cakes.
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Tea & Crafting
Founded by Jane Gois in 2010 Tea & Crafting has grown steadily over the years and is now London's top private craft venue. We're really proud of our central premises in Covent Garden and we are certainly doing everything we pass on the crafting bug to you crafty Londoners!
We are a group of friendly artist experts who are partial to a bit of old-fashioned craftsmanship with a modern twist. If your undiscovered creative side is simply yarn-ing to get then join one of our crafty workshops and spend a few hours learning something new. Expect to learn new skills, show off creations and have a lot of fun!
All our workshops are project based meaning you leave with a completed item at the end. There is ALWAYS cake, tea and coffee to keep you fuelled whilst you craft. Vegan and gluten free diets always catered for too at each workshop.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.