Ten session course
The Swiss Army knife of cooking courses, preparing you for a job as a chalet host - teaching you the classics of poached eggs, enabling you to cook for various dietary requirements and gain all the tips and tricks along the way.
This course is for students aged 17-25+ who want to get a job on the ski slopes or in a summer resort. No prior cooking knowledge / experience is needed.
In this class
Being able to poach an egg is one thing but juggling management of a chalet and catering for paying guests is something else entirely!
Over the 2 weeks, you will learn to:
- develop your cookery skills & build out a repertoire of dishes you can produce quickly and efficiently.
- create a kick ass CV & hone your interview skills
- know your A-Z of kitchen safety & time management to keep Resort Managers on side.
- put together Meal Plans and buy on a budget.
- get the inside track on house-keeping tips & service skills that will minimise your time in the chalet and maximise your time on the slopes.
- get your hands on The Wyld School of Cookery Recipe Book and Chalet Bible, with tips from seasoned pro's and a Meal Planner.
- take Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety Certificate course & exam.
You will also be able to get in front of the competition by meeting & interviewing with some of the leading UK ski companies who visit during the course. And we will give you tips on the opportunities out there, CV writing and interview practice, before and during the course.
After all this, you will be able to cater for all tastes and throw your guests in to a satisfied state of simply sitting. You will have the insider tips to turn your chalet into a sparkling jewel in no time and keep your boss happy.
- You will leave with a snazzy apron, a mug and a recipe book to keep you cooking and maintain your love of the kitchen.
- Great news - the Wyld Cookery School is an Approved Activity Provider for the Residential section for the Gold DofE award.
- For more information about accommodation (which can also be provided) get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Wyld Cookery School
Friendly, DofE approved cooking courses in Wandsworth.
Whether you are looking to sharpen your skills, learn the latest methods or get the foundations right, The Wyld Cookery school provides fun and hands-on cooking classes. Boring teaching equals bored students, no-one wants that 😀 . Wyld is serious about teaching you the best practices but are also serious about having fun whilst doing so.
Whether you are looking for a course to kick off your cooking career, a class to learn a new ninja pastry technique or get some friends together, there is something for everyone.
Duke of Edinburgh
If you're wanting to do a residential course that is fun, informative and you REALLY learn a skill that will set you up for life, then the great news is that the Wyld Cookery School is an Approved Activity Provider for the DofE.
By the way:
Wyld Cookery School is easily accessible as it is less than five minutes walk from Wandsworth Town train station and on many bus routes.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.