What you will do
4 hour class
This hands-on private sushi-making lesson for 2 will revolutionise your Japanese cooking skills. Learn how to make a diverse range of Japanese cuisines by expert chef Keiko, as you throw yourself into this mouthwatering sushi master class!
In this class
In this class students will make over 45-50 pieces of sushi rolls, nigiri, hand roll, and fresh sashimi. Students will be taught all the fundamental techniques required to make delicious and authentic sushi from a true master of Japanese cuisine. During the class, students will learn a number of tips and tricks of Japanese cooking:
- How to prepare the perfect Sushi rice, washing, cooking and mixing.
- How to cook your own sushi vinegar seasoning
- How to add more flavour umami to prepare delicious sushi rice
- Learn to make 6 types of sushi
- How to prepare vegetables and raw fish filling for sushi maki roll
- Fish cutting techniques using Salmon and TunaÂ
- How to slice Raw fish for Nigiri sushi
- How to make sushi nigiri, and gunkan sushi
- Basic sashimi slicing method using salmon and Tuna (Fine Quality finest fish from the same fish monger Nobu uses.)
- How to prepare tiger prawns for nigiri sushi Salmon nigiri, Tuna Nigiri, Prawn Nigiri, Gunkan sushi
- Raw Fish and hygiene
- How to identify freshness to eat raw
- Sushi Etiquette
- Step by step sushi guide with photos and the location of mostJapanese shops in London
Now you can
- Cook sushi with confidence and ability
- Prepare restaurant-standard food for friends and family
- Pass on these techniques and tips to others
Save you spot
These classes are bespoke so get in touch for a time and day that suit you!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Sushi Queen
Sushi Queen offers exclusive sushi and teppanyaki classes, bespoke catering and sake tastings for both private and corporate events.
Keiko, mastermind behind Sushi Queen, has a real passion for food, innovation and teaching making her a leader in healthy Japanese cooking. She expertly combines traditional techniques with modern flair to develop great tasting food.
Keiko enjoys sharing her knowledge and skills with both her clients and her colleagues and is a friendly and patient teacher.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.