What you will do
3 hour class
The lost art of pastry and pie making is enjoying a revival thanks to trendy Pie Shops across the country. Our Cook & Eat team have put together a unique course to help you master a variety of pastry and Pie making techniques you can replicate at home. With so many great Pie and Pastry recipes to choose from, once you've mastered the techniques, you'll be the perfect host! Beginners and seasoned pie lovers alike will find the course a great place to learn new tips or brush up on techniques. We will cover making choux pastry, sweet pastry and savoury pastry. Participants will then get to make a delicious sweet or savoury pie with their pastry.
Class snapshot - here’s what to expect in your class:
- Complimentary glass of wine
- Soft drinks throughout to keep you going
- Approachable and welcoming host team
- Easy to understand demonstration
- A true understanding of pie making techniques
- Pies to take home
- Hands-on class with great tips and shortcuts
- Recipes handed out in class and emailed to your inbox
- All facilities, equipment and ingredients are included
- Confidence in making pastry and pies on your own
- Ability to improve your own recipes and be creative
- Ability to prepare pastry from scratch with good quality, easily accessible ingredients
Our classes typically include making:
- Apple Frangipane Tarts, Profiteroles with orange filling, Mince pies etc.
- Chicken & Chorizo Empanadas, Oriental chicken Pies etc.
Venue address: Food Tech Room, Prendergast Vale College, Elmira Street, London SE13 7BN
This class is also available for private group booking. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Greenwich Pantry
A humble start in Greenwich
The Greenwich Pantry began life as a pop up shop on Trafalgar Road in Greenwich SE10 with a love for good food and initially focussed on selling artisan foods, locally sourced and speciality ‘free-from’ foods. In recent years, it has branched out and now also offers a wide range of cookery classes and catering. It even has an online shop where customers can buy special hampers to take home after - I mean how much more convincing do you need?
The goal of Greenwich Pantry is to be the place for good food in Greenwich and surrounding areas and as a family business, they work super hard and pledge to help put some fun into shopping, cooking and connecting with your food.
All facilities, equipment and ingredients are included. Participants are advised to bring their own containers if they wish to take their food home with them at the end of the session.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.