This class is for beginners and moderately experienced cooks who wish to learn the Nation’s most favourite dish. The only difference in a class of beginners and moderately experienced cooks is the level of supervision. Experienced cooks will get chance to cook along with the pioneer of KIT in her Kitchen.
Learn to prepare the following during the class;
- Appetizer: Cirspy Papad
- Main Course: Chicken Tikka Masala
- Sides: Jeera Rice and Raita
After a brief intro, first 30 minutes of the class will be spent on discussion about the ingredients. Remember key to delicious food on the table is “Getting the ingredients right”. It will be an interactive session where along with other things we will learn about various spices which add the distinct flavor.
- After ingredients discussions, you will marinate the diced chicken with special ingredients that add to its aroma and flavor
- The next session will be to prepare the curry required for the main course. Simultaneously you will be working on your marinated chicken. The main course will take about 45-50 minutes to prepare.
- Once this is done, you will prepare the jeera rice and mint yogurt raita as your main course is not complete without these two.
- In the last we will make crispy papads. It is recommended to make papad in the end to maintain its crisp and freshness while it’s served (extra Papads can be purchased on request so that you can enjoy them at home).
After class all of the participants can sit together and enjoy the yummy food. You will also have a feedback session at the end.
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, KIT - Komal's Institute of Taste
A girl from the countryside of the Sindh, Pakistan where taste is unique, culture is mesmerising and food is an emotion. Komal has learned her cooking skills from home and her international exposure has put her on a versatile food journey. Komal takes pride in her Indo/Pak cooking style but does not stop there.
She believes cooking is a learning school in itself where it's important to learn how to make food that is tasty, healthy and energising. She also creates food fusions by mixing Chinese, Italian and European recipes with a flavour of Central Asia. Komal has been experienced tutor in other subjects and gives personal attention to every participant. She is glad to announce that she is offering personal cooking classes in Surrey Quays.
At the end of each class you can choose to eat together or take the food away with you. All materials and recipe sheets are included along with aprons and notebooks to use on the day.
Private classes and weekend timings are available on request.
The ingredients will be provided along with Aprons, and printed recipes. All you need to bring is a key ingredient of any recipe i.e Love for Food and a healthy appetite to enjoy the homemade food at the end of sessions. Participants can take their food if they want to eat later. Please bring boxes for that.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.