What you will do
4 hour class
Temari Balls are beautiful, intricate embroidered thread balls. The range of designs and colours are endless! Temari needlecrafts originate from China but were brought to Japan centuries ago.
Like many complex, symmetrical items, they look impossible to create...but once you have learned the techniques you will get the knack and end up in an addictive, creative new world bounded only by your imagination!
Using a needle and thread, the theme is to create a structure which is then filled in to create a stunning pattern.
You teacher provides all the tools you will need: needles, multiple thread colours and the inner workings of the balls! All will be revealed!
- The class size is small (max 8), so there will be plenty of time for one to one tuition at your level of ability and confidence
- These classes are intended to be relaxing, mindful and a charming creative escape from modern day life. You will feel a great sense of wellbeing from escaping the smartphone for a few hours and focusing your innate creativity
What you’ll take away from this class
- All the techniques to create your own stunning Temari Ball. Depending on the complexity of your design, you will finish your design at the class, or can complete it at home
- These classes are intended to be a mindful, noncompetitive and creative experience, so it is expected that you’ll leave the classes with a sense of achievement and a bigger smile than you walked in with
- You’ll receive a lovely guidebook as an aide memoir to help you carry on working at home
Many of Ubie's students say they could never create something as apparently difficult as that. Well, you can !! You just need to know the tips and tricks of how and therefore the course is suitable for all levels of ability!
Ubie has taught well over 500 students on our Mandala and symmetrical design classes and everyone has produced a super piece of work to display and a sense of accomplishment of I made that.... & of course once you have learned the techniques and got the bug you can produce many more lovely creations in your own time. : )
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, UbieDesign
UbieDesign was established by designer, Ubie Chan in London in 2017.
Ubie hails from Hong Kong and relocated to the UK in 2017. She is a qualified graphic designer and ran an art and craft studio and shop in Hong Kong for many years.
Ubie's classes in Mandala Drawing and Painting have been a 'big hit' with our students being amazed in the beautiful work they can create in a short period of time in a very relaxing, mindful and creative environment. We have recently launched our new class Mandotla and more will be coming in 2019!
Ubie's mantra is "Anyone can draw!!" and she will demonstrate this in a smaller class environment (typically no more than 8 students) with lots of time for 1-2-1 tuition at your level of skill and confidence / experience level in drawing and art!
Everything is included. This class is 'come as you are'. Whether you have come after a hectic week at work or a busy time watching the kids, we’ll get you in the right mind-set and help you create something beautiful.
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.