What you will do
2.5 hour workshop
Mandala is a Sanskrit word meaning the circle and reflects the universe and everything in it.
This class has a focus on colour! You will learn lots about different media including watercolour pencils, acrylic paints and blending colours for contrast and complement. Many of our students do our Mandala drawing class too - but this is not necessary - it works perfectly as a standalone class if you don't fancy drawing but love exploring colours!
- This class is a Painting Class using a Mandala theme
- You will learn Painting techniques and will paint one of Ubie’s Mandala designs on high-quality watercolour paper
- We will explain ‘Colour Wheel’ theory helping you to mix, match and blend warm and cool colours to paint your design
- You will use good quality watercolour pencils or paints and a water brush and learn how to blend and wash colours to create different effects. We will also show you how to use other media.
- You will have free reign of the tools to create something beautiful, using a colour scheme that suits your personal taste
- People tend to find their creativity is really amplified in this class, and you find the painting comes naturally to you as you work
- The class size is small, so there will be plenty of time for one to one tuition at your level of ability and confidence
- These classes are intended to be relaxing, mindful and a charming creative escape from modern day life
- No artistic skill is required.
What you’ll take away from this class
- Your completed painting on high-quality watercolour paper suitable for framing
- You’ll learn watercolour painting and colour theory skills that are fully transferable to other paintings
- These classes are intended to be a mindful and creative experience, so we expect you’ll leave the classes with a sense of achievement and a bigger smile than you walked in with
- You’ll receive our lovely guidebooks as an aide memoir to help you carry on drawing and painting at home.
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, UbieDesign
UbieDesign was established by designer, Ubie Chan in London in 2017.
Ubie hails from Hong Kong and relocated to the UK in 2017. She is a qualified graphic designer and ran an art and craft studio and shop in Hong Kong for many years.
Ubie's classes in Mandala Drawing and Painting have been a 'big hit' with our students being amazed in the beautiful work they can create in a short period of time in a very relaxing, mindful and creative environment. We have recently launched our new class Mandotla and more will be coming in 2019!
Ubie's mantra is "Anyone can draw!!" and she will demonstrate this in a smaller class environment (typically no more than 8 students) with lots of time for 1-2-1 tuition at your level of skill and confidence / experience level in drawing and art!
Everything is included. This class is 'come as you are'. Whether you have come after a hectic week at work or a busy time watching the kids, we’ll get you in the right mind-set and help you create something beautiful.
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.