What you will do
5.5 hour workshop
Mandala is a Sanskrit word meaning the circle and reflects the universe and everything in it!
Mandalas are beautiful symmetrical creations that can be as intricate as you wish. Many of Ubie's students say they could never draw something as apparently difficult. But... you can !! You just need to know the tips and tricks of how and therefore the course is suitable for all levels of ability!
Ubie has taught well over 200 students on our Mandala classes and everyone has produced a super piece of work to display and a wonderful sense of accomplishment of I drew that.... & of course once you have learned the techniques and got the bug you can produce many more lovely creations in your own time. : )
- This class teaches you how to draw your own Mandala Design and then go on to Paint it
- You will create your own personalised Mandala on natural canvas or high-quality Watercolour art paper
- In the drawing session, we use a straight edge, compasses, stencils and freehand drawing to build your creation
- In the painting session, we explain ‘Colour Wheel’ theory helping you to mix, match and blend warm and cool colours to paint your design
- You will use good quality watercolour pencils or paints and a water brush and learn how to blend and wash colours to create different effects. We will also teach you how to use different colour media such as acrylic paints
- You will have free reign of the tools to create something beautiful, and exactly what your mind feels like creating and a colour scheme that suits your preferences
- People tend to find their creativity is really amplified in this class, and you find the design comes naturally to you as you work
- The class size is small (8 Max), so there will be plenty of time for one to one tuition at your level of ability and confidence
- These classes are intended to be relaxing, mindful and a charming creative escape from modern day life
- No artistic skill is required
What you'll take away from this class
- Your completed work on either 25cmx25cm canvas or on high-quality watercolour paper that will be suitable for framing.
- You’ll leave with the skill and knowledge how to create your own personal Mandalas at home. The watercolour painting skills are also fully transferable to your other work
- These classes are intended to be a mindful and creative experience, so we expect you’ll leave the classes with a sense of achievement and a bigger smile than you walked in with.
- You’ll receive our lovely guidebooks as an aide memoir to help you carry on drawing and painting at home.
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, UbieDesign
UbieDesign was established by designer, Ubie Chan in London in 2017.
Ubie hails from Hong Kong and relocated to the UK in 2017. She is a qualified graphic designer and ran an art and craft studio and shop in Hong Kong for many years.
Ubie's classes in Mandala Drawing and Painting have been a 'big hit' with our students being amazed in the beautiful work they can create in a short period of time in a very relaxing, mindful and creative environment. We have recently launched our new class Mandotla and more will be coming in 2019!
Ubie's mantra is "Anyone can draw!!" and she will demonstrate this in a smaller class environment (typically no more than 8 students) with lots of time for 1-2-1 tuition at your level of skill and confidence / experience level in drawing and art!
Everything is included. This class is 'come as you are'. Whether you have come after a hectic week at work or a busy time watching the kids, we’ll get you in the right mind-set and help you create something beautiful.
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.