3 hour workshop
In this intro to printmaking class in Battersea you will be wowed by both drypoint and lino printmaking techniques. It's the perfect class for creative enthusiasts or people brushing up on rusty skills.
In this class
In this class you will be wowed and amazed because you get to learn 2 type of printmaking: Drypoint printmaking
- Drypoint involves scratching an image into a thin plastic or metal sheet using a range of metal tools.
- The lines that are made are then filled with ink and transferred onto paper - cool right?
- Lino is what we in the business call 'relief' printing and works in the opposite way to drypoint.
- You will work by cutting away everything but the image, then ink the outlying surface, and print onto paper.
Now you can
- print cool banksy images to impress the more artistic friends of yours
- get to grips with the calming methods of relief printing - trust us, it is mega therapeutic!
- make the perfect printed cards / posters for your loved ones
At the end of the class you'll be able to take home the fantastic prints that you've made. You can show off to everyone you know, and the best part? It has all been designed, carved, scratched and printed by you!
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Lavender Print School
Small and friendly print school on Lavender Hill in Clapham
Founded by artist Izzy Moreau who believes that, in this age of technology, it is important to escape sometimes into the hands-on world of traditional arts and crafts.
Unlike some of the bigger schools, Lavender Print School is flexible with what it teaches and when so that students can come along at times that suit them during weekdays, evenings and weekends. Drinks and refreshments are always included in the price and bringing along friends and family is encouraged.
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.