3 hour workshop
In this intro to printmaking class you will venture into the world of both drypoint and lino printmaking techniques. It's the perfect class for creative enthusiasts or people brushing up on rusty skills.
You will be introduced to two types of printmaking techniques, of which you can then choose your favourite to try on the day.
- Drypoint involves scratching an image into a thin plastic or metal sheet using a range of metal tools.
- The lines that are made are then filled with ink and transferred onto paper.
- Lino is what we in the business call 'relief' printing and works in the opposite way to drypoint.
- You will work by cutting away everything but the image, then ink the outlying surface, and print onto paper.
Now you can
- Print beautiful artworks to hang at home
- Get to grips with the calming methods of relief printing - trust us, its incredible therapeutic!
- Make the perfect gift for your loved ones
At the end of the class you'll be able to take home 5 - 10 prints A5/A4 size. You can show off to everyone you know, and the best part? It has all been designed, carved, scratched and printed by you!
Your Teachers Our two printmaking teachers Luke and Joella have both trained in Printmaking and Fine Art at University. They are both practising artists who dedicate their time to helping and teaching others. They will guide you through the process, from choosing your design, teaching you the skills of carving and helping you produce those beautiful prints.
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Lavender Print School
Small and friendly print school on Lavender Hill in Clapham
Founded by artist Izzy Moreau who believes that, in this age of technology, it is important to escape sometimes into the hands-on world of traditional arts and crafts.
Unlike some of the bigger schools, Lavender Print School is flexible with what it teaches and when so that students can come along at times that suit them during weekdays, evenings and weekends. Drinks and refreshments are always included in the price and bringing along friends and family is encouraged.
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.