From overalls to canvases, paint to paintbrushes, Ed’s got you covered – and Stuart's got the wines and cheeses covered.
Simply turn up after a long day at work, grab a glass of fine wine, grab a paintbrush, and discover the artist within you.
The format is...
- You’ll be guided step-by-step by Ed until a series of lines and blobs turns into a masterpiece, ready to be taken home to adorn the dining room walls
- We’ll have a short break in the middle of this three-hour soirée for fine wine refills and a “blind tasting” of a mystery wine, scrumptious cheeses from Cows and Co, and a chance to make some new art pals
- No previous experience required
- We can accommodate 10 artists
Our visitors get a great fine wine and painting experience:
- Expert painting tutorial with Ed Sumner
- Fine wines from former Young Wine Writer of the Year Stuart George
- Access to a private Mayfair venue
- Plenty of fine wine, served in beautiful Zalto glassware
- Delicious cheeses from our friends at Cows and Co
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, Vins Extraordinaires
Vins Extraordinaires was founded by Stuart George in 2016 to enable fine and rare wines to be enjoyed by private and corporate clients. Having started his wine career 20 years ago working alongside the Master of Wine and former Christie’s Senior Consultant Anthony Hanson, Stuart has always appreciated and enjoyed fine wine.
A holder of the prestigious Wine & Spirit Education Trust Diploma in Wine and Spirits since 2000, Stuart has tasted vintages back to 1780. He was UK Young Wine Writer of the Year in 2003 before working with Hugh Johnson OBE at The World of Fine Wine magazine, which won several awards during his time there. Stuart was Image Editor and lead contributor to the best-selling 1001 Wines You Must Try Before You Die and Editor of the award-winning The Finest Wines of Tuscany and The Finest Wines of Champagne.
He is a sought-after wine show judge for his experienced and fastidious palate: Stuart has been the sole UK representative at the Shanghai International Wine Challenge; the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles in Chile; the Austrian Wine Challenge; and the 21st Concorso Enologico Internazionale in Italy.
He is also a “wine detective”: Stuart was asked to appraise some 100-year old bottles salvaged from a shipwreck off the Cornish coast. Vernon Rapley, Head of Security and Visitor Services at the Victoria and Albert Museum and the former Head of Art & Antiques Squad at New Scotland Yard, recommended Stuart to Scotland Yard as an expert on wine fraud. With the American art historian and novelist Noah Charney, Stuart co-authored The Wine Forger’s Handbook, a short history of forgery and fraud in the wine world.
No need to bring anything except a thirst, an appetite, and a sense of humour.
* Over-18s only* Art beginners welcome
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.