What you will do
5.5 hour class
For a relaxed, fun and culturally enriching wine experience, look no further than this World Wine tasting, with 16 wines, lots of learning and a 3 course lunch.
In this class
This one-day world wine workshop will be a relaxed day spent immersed in fine wines, in a fun environment. You'll learn about wine during the day in an informal way, making it suitable for anyone from a wine novice to a real enthusiast. 16 wines will be tasted throughout, including wines with lunch.
Held at Cote Brasserie in St. Paul's, a classic French bistro serving food-friendly staples like assiette de charcuterie and steak frites.
Bring some friends or go for the buzz of meeting someone new, share your expertise or even go pretending to be an expert (actually quite fun!)
Now you can
- taste wine like an expert
- understand of old world vs new world wine
- know your major grape varieties, from the fine wines across the globe
- understand how and why wines cost different prices, and how to tell the difference
- match wine and food
- have some fun blind with some tastings to test your new knowledge (very amusing!)
The day will include a 3-course lunch with matching wines, which will be very welcome after a morning of wine tasting!
• Calamari: Breadcrumbed squid sautéed in garlic, lemon and parsley with tartare sauce • Soup of the month • Charcuterie board: Jambon de Savoie, smoked duck breast, saucisson sec and duck rilletes with baby gem salad and chargrilled pain de campagne
• Goats cheese salad: Warm goats cheese and roasted vegetable salad with black olive tapenade crostini • Steak frites: Chargrilled thinly beaten out minute steak with garlic butter and frites • Poulet Grillé: Chargrilled butterflied chicken breast with wild mushroom. Crème fraiche and thyme sauce, served with gratin potato • Roast Sea Bass Fillet With Mash Potato And A Champagne Beurre Blanc With Chives And Tomato Concasse
• Crème Brulée: Classic caramelised vanilla custard • Cheese board • Dark Chocolate mousse
From January 2019, the World Wine Tour will take place in a new venue:
The Cork & Bottle Wine Bar, 27 Spring Street, London W2 1JA. The legendary Cork & Bottle Wine Bar in Leicester Square have created a modern take on the original venue's quirky surroundings, a minute's walk from Paddington station. The workshop will take place in their delightful wine cellar, adorned with wine related pictures
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Winfield Wines
Wine tasting classes and experiences run by the renowned Gilbert Winfield.
Winfield Wines are mega helpful, fun and flexible wine tasting professionals based all around London. They understand that no two clients have the same needs, so will provide a large variety of different wines to seduce and intrigue the senses.
Gilbert Winfield’s expertise on wine is frequently in demand: He has made guest appearances on: Eggheads, Come Dine With Me, James May’s Man Lab, National Geographic’s Blow your Mind and more recently has been appearing on Sky News as a wine expert!
Having achieved fully qualified WSET wine status, his wine tastings are informal and approachable. You’ll manage to have as much irreverent fun as possible with wine, and still learn something at the same time.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.