1.5 hour course
Introduction To The Sewing Machine
- Complete introduction on how to setup and use A Brother or Singer Sewing machine
- Different types of machine stitches
- Quick introduction to the use of an over-locking machine
- Threading and re-threading your sewing machine
- The functions of the machine parts
- Loading and winding a bobbin
- Various stitches and uses
- Sewing machine troubleshooting
Make Your First Cushion Cover
- How to cut and measure your fabric for your project
- Pinning your fabric before sewing
- Sewing your fabric in a straight line
- Finishing off your sewing
Your objective in this class will be to make a simple cushion cover, you will now use your newly acquired skills to make a simple and delightful cushion cover.
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Luchi and Ota
Luchi & Ota’s mantra is simple: sewing is both an art and a hobby, but most importantly, it is a valuable life skill. At this colourful boutique in the heart of Edgware, classes are on offer to equip students with all their sewing needs, from upcycling and alterations to designing their own pyjama bottoms. Luchi & Ota cater to all ages and abilities, and ensure that each client leaves with a renewed love of the craft.
At the heart of Luchi & Ota’s vibrant and friendly shop is a true love for what they do. Whether you’re a practiced sewer looking to expand your knowledge, or a novice with a wardrobe that needs updating, this is the school for you.
*Materials Required*: - 0.5m cotton fabric of your choice (no stretch please) - Cushion Pad (you can buy it from us) - Polyester thread - Pins - Tape measure
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.