3 hour workshop
Never Heard of Powertex? Fancy something a bit different this year? This fantastic medium creates amazing effects! Come along and try it out for yourself in this Christmas Wreath workshop. Create something truly unique and have a lot of fun doing it!
What is Powertex? It’s used in mixed media projects of all kinds from garden fairy houses and figure sculptures to paintings and jewellery. But what exactly is it? Here’s some things you should know about Powertex:
- It’s Water-based
- It’s Non-toxic
- It’s Environmentally friendly
- A Universal Medium that can be used to sculpt fabric
- A liquid that can be used to harden natural fibres including textiles, paper, card, and leather.
- It can be combined with Stone Art powder to make an air drying clay
- It comes in a variety of colours as well as transparent
- It’s adhesive for use with sand, stone, plaster, wood and metal (for example) in mixed media projects, canvases, sculptures, jewellery making and much more
- It’s a brilliant way to upcycle old fabrics and just about anything else
- It can be used to create weatherproof art such as garden ornaments and signs, glasses and more! Glasses will be hand washable. All materials and light refreshments are included. Come along and give it a go!
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, Craft My Day LTD
Rachel - Owner and Founder of 'Craft My Day'
Since completing her degree in ‘Costume and Technical effects for the performing arts’ at London College of Fashion in 2001, Rachel worked freelance in the film and events industries for many years before taking a break to be at home with her three children whilst they were small.
She began teaching at a private sewing studio, alongside freelance work and grew to love the rewarding nature of teaching.
'I can never seem to get enough of learning new skills, which I love to share…'
In 2016 Rachel decided to start up her own Craft studio and began to work with other local artists to create a unique space for people to come and learn a variety of crafts in a fun and relaxed setting. Her passion for textiles and design began during school when she found her own teacher a real inspiration. 'She developed my creativity but also gave me confidence for life. I aspire to recreate that experience, and inspire others to start their own creative journeys.' Rachel qualified as Powertex trainer in 2016 and is also really excited to share this fantastic product.
Rachel believes that all people are creative and with a bit of patience and encouragement can be taught ways to express that innate ability and get a real sense of satisfaction and enjoyment.
If you have any questions, please contact me using the ‘contact host’ button on the website page.”
All materials and refreshments included. This can get a little messy- Aprons and gloves will be provided but please do not wear your best clothes!
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.