3 hour class
Join Bella Lane and expand your understanding of hand embroidery. Goldwork embroidery is one of the richest techniques of hand embroidery. It has been practised from ancient times, using gold, silver, copper and wire threads, originally in ecclesiastical and ceremonial costumes in Europe. Today goldwork embroidery appears in art forms and in fashion.
This beautiful Goldwork hand embroidered “Mimosa” design will take you to the next level of Goldwork. Learning and stitching principal techniques of working with gold & silver threads. Bring your reading or stitching glasses if necessary, as the work is fine!
In this class
- learn how to set up your design, fabric and hoop up
- Use couching & fine stitches to attach the gold thread
- Add beads, sequins sequrely and neatly as additional embelishments
- Learn how to plan and transfer a design onto fabric ready for the Goldwork
- pick up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craftperson.
Now you can
- take your stitching game to the next level with this Mimosa design.
- feel inspired and ready to embark on your own embroidery designs!
- learn the history of traditional Goldwork embroidery techniques
All levels of stitcher are welcome!
Price includes a special embroidery kit pre prepared by Bella containing instruction sheet, good quality embroidery needle, threads, fabric, design. There will also be a complimentary glass of Prosecco to end the class in style!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Fabrications
Fabrications - an East London based creative hub!
Fabrications is an independent gallery, shop and workshop dedicated to the best contemporary textile practice and design, with a particular interest in eco-conscious design.
Fabrications opened in June 2000 in a refurbished derelict shop on Broadway Market in Hackney, East London. The shop's founder, Barley Massey, has spent the last 20 years finding ingenious ways to turn scraps into original fabrics and using recycled materials to create cutting-edge items. Since 2012, "The Imaginarium", a fully-fitted working studio, has hosted workshops and classes.
Barley has been awarded as one of Kevin McCloud's (Grand Designs) Green Heroes for her minimally-processed, up-cycled products, which "demonstrate a lightness of touch backed up by a rigorous approach".
Everything is included in the class fee!
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.