7 hour class
Deal for those with an existing understanding of Photoshop software and design - this class requires knowledge to the standard of those having taken our Photoshop Foundation course or similar tuition.
In this class
The class covers all of the fundamentals of utilizing Photoshop to create professional-standard designs. Working to a brief, our friendly tutor will guide you through the creation of an original design by using a range of techniques and tools.
The course covers;
- Software overview from a designer's point of view
- Working with type
- Vectors and Raster images / Resolution
- Formats overview: PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, EPS, PDF
- Layers, Channels
- Hue / Saturation, Levels, Curves, Brightness / Contrast
- Image size, Canvas size, Image rotation, Cropping images
- Layer properties and Blending options
- Rules and Guides
- Resize and resample an image
- Groups and Linked layers
- Smart layers
- Smart filters vs Adjustment layers
- Layer Mask vs Clipping Mask
- Importing vector shapes: Smart objects, Pixels, Path, Shape Layers
- Working with Paths : Tracing shapes, Selection from paths, Masking
- Placing vector shapes and Warping vector layers
- RGB vs CMYK: conversion, color modes
- Adding crop marks and bleeds
- Exporting TIFF or EPS files
- Exporting high quality PDF
Now you can
- Create professional standard graphic design work
- Showcase your skills and create a quality portfolio
- Work to creative briefs and understand client's needs
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Photography Course London
Photography Course London is a Photography school based in East London, Shoreditch, offering a wide variety of courses and classes, from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced DSLR Photography to Post-Production Courses. You can engage in classes in the evening, daytime and on Saturday, in the classroom or fully practical, on location or in the studio. Their approach revolves around a focus on small sized classes at affordable prices, with experienced and skilled teachers as well as practitioners in the professional photographic industry. Click with photography by learning from the best.
- Just a stones throw away from… Old Steet Tube Station
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.