Three session course
Designed for those who have taken the Beginners Guide to Digital Photography - Level 1, or who feel they already have the equivalent knowledge, this 3-week course gives you a great foundation into digital photography.
In this class
Beginning with in-depth coverage of exposure and histograms, this class covers a wide range of techniques, practices and theories to improve upon your existing photography knowledge and skills. All guided by our experience tutors.
This course will cover:
- Exposure in depth
- Calculating exposure in Stops
- Histograms and Tonal Range
- Understanding and recognising correct exposure using Histograms
- Metering modes
- Focal length
- Prime vs zoom lenses
- Lens impact on Depth of Field
- Angle of View and perspective
- Custom White Balance
- Colour temperature
- Calibrating and profiling (camera, monitor, printers)
- RAW vs Jpeg
- Bit Depth
- Sensor sizes
- Manual Focus vs Auto Focus
- Incident and reflective light metering
- How the digital image is constructed and how it differs from film
- Composition - utilising creative and technical knowledge
- Flash - main source of light and fill in
- Lens flare
- Discussing the purpose of Photoshop and post-production
How you can
- build upon your knowledge and improve your techniques further
- take your hobby a step further and experiment with techniques to find your personal style
- have a deeper understanding of the technical processes behind each image
Select a class time
Wed 17 Jul, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Wed 24 Jul, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Tue 17 Sep, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Tue 24 Sep, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Photography Course London
Photography Course London is a Photography school based in East London, Shoreditch, offering a wide variety of courses and classes, from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced DSLR Photography to Post-Production Courses. You can engage in classes in the evening, daytime and on Saturday, in the classroom or fully practical, on location or in the studio. Their approach revolves around a focus on small sized classes at affordable prices, with experienced and skilled teachers as well as practitioners in the professional photographic industry. Click with photography by learning from the best.
- Just a stones throw away from… Old Steet Tube Station
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.