Twelve session course
DUMEBI offering a Couture sewing techniques 12 week intermediate to advanced course at their north London studio where they create all their handmade designs worn by celebrities. This is an intermediate to advanced level course for people who have previous experience in machine sewing and construction and wish to learn Couture sewing techniques to create luxury garments.
During this 12 week Couture sewing techniques course you will have the opportunity to learn and create your own embroidery, hand sewing/finishing techniques, screen printing, devore and lace appliqué samples and later on create a full garment using the chosen textile technique(s) you have learned.
Couture sewing techniques course (all levels welcome)
- 1st week - embroidery techniques - sample
- 2nd week - screen printing - samples
- 3rd week - Dévore - samples
- 4th week - lace appliqué - you will be cutting lace and creating an appliqué sample
- 5th week - French seam - you will be cutting and sewing a garment using the French seam sewing technique that is used as a great finishing on luxury clothing. If you did the pattern making workshop you can use the dress pattern you created for this.
- 6th week - continue to sew garment together using French seam technique
- 7th week - applying your chosen textile technique(s) to your garment
- 8th week - continuing applying your textile technique(s) to your garment
- 9th week - insert a zipper into your garment
- 10th week - hand sewing/finishings - applying the bias binding to your garment using invisible stitch technique
- 11th week - continue hand sewing/finishings
- 12th week - final finishing of the your garment
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, DUMEBI Couture Fashion
DUMEBI Fashion is Haute Couture womenswear clothing brand created by British luxury fashion designer Barbara Biosah. She began her studies at world renowned fashion school Parsons the new school for design in NYC and at IFA Paris in Paris France for her love for Couture Fashion graduating with a bachelor degree in fashion design and technology. Barbara has worked with various pregostious luxury fashion brands spread out between London, Paris and NYC including, Suzie Turner Couture, Gareth Pugh, Roland Muoret and Alice and Olivia before starting her own Couture fashion brand in Paris.
DUMEBI handcrafted creations have showcased during London fashion week and have been worn by actresses and musicians in Hollywood for music videos, editorials and red carpet events. With 3 to 6 month internships they offer for students and graduates many have all learned a lot from the experience and gone on to acquire great job positions in other companies and areas in the fashion industry with the skills taught by DUMEBI.
They offer extensive Couture sewing technique classes from beginner to advanced level at their north London studio in Enfield where they create all handmade designs worn by celebrities internationally. They have a range of 3 hour dedicated workshop classes on embroidery techniques, screen printing, hand sewing/ finishing, lace appliqué and Devore workshop as part of 6 week and 12 week Couture sewing techniques course where you will have the opportunity to create your own embroidery sample and later on create a full garment using your chosen textile technique(s) (12 week courses only) each class is taught by designer Barbara and classes consist of no more than 4 people giving you the chance to really learn in an intimate group.
We provide all the materials for this class in order for you to have the best experience. You will all be provided with an A5 sample size fabric each to create your samples on. We will also provide the fabric for you to create your garment from week 5 onwards (usually 1-2mtres of cotton) However Depending on the Couture technique(s) you choose to create your garment on from week 5 you may have to provide your own fabric if you wish. ( certain textile techniques like the Devore requires you to use a silk and viscose blend which we can provide but will be at an extra cost)
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.