5 hour course
What Will Be Learning During This Introduction To Dressmaking?
- Complete introduction on how to setup and use A Brother or Singer Sewing machine
- Introduction to machine seams and finishes
- Different types of sewing machine stitches
- Introduction to different ways of finishing and sewing your hemline
- Quick introduction to the use of an over-locking machine
- Preparing, cutting, marking your fabric
- Taking accurate body measurements
- Pattern Cutting
- Inserting different types of zips
- Using interfaces
- Finishing a simple round neckline
- Sewing and finishing your garment
You will be working on 3 separate projects during this period
- A simple tote bag
- A sleeveless blouse + Pattern
- A sleeveless shift blouse + Pattern
To Get The Best Out Of Your Introduction To Dressmaking
- You require a sewing machine of some sort at home
- Please complete all 3 projects in the course
- Practice your sewing techniques at home
- Do a bit of research on your own
- Revise your reading materials
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Luchi and Ota
Luchi & Ota’s mantra is simple: sewing is both an art and a hobby, but most importantly, it is a valuable life skill. At this colourful boutique in the heart of Edgware, classes are on offer to equip students with all their sewing needs, from upcycling and alterations to designing their own pyjama bottoms. Luchi & Ota cater to all ages and abilities, and ensure that each client leaves with a renewed love of the craft.
At the heart of Luchi & Ota’s vibrant and friendly shop is a true love for what they do. Whether you’re a practiced sewer looking to expand your knowledge, or a novice with a wardrobe that needs updating, this is the school for you.
*Materials Required*: A list of materials required will be emailed on registration
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.