What you will do
4 hour workshop
This is the perfect introduction for beginners to soy candle making. Learn the skills to create top quality, fragrant, natural candles you can feel really good about burning in your home. The course is approximately 4 hours and will be hosted by Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co. in a relaxed and friendly learning environment.
In the course you will learn:
- About the different type of waxes for candle making in the UK
- You will learn about wick types
- How to burn a candle correctly
- How to make your own container candles using soy wax.
- How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make soy candles, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- Safety, compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
- About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
Enjoy and learn in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and take home your beautiful handmade soy candles.
We will finish the session with a delicious Afternoon Tea.
What's included in the price?
- All tools an equipment
- All materials to make 1 big candle and 1 small candle, soy wax, wicks, containers and the best quality UK fragrances as used in our own candles.
- You will take home the candles you make, a list of the best UK suppliers and the confidence to make more candles in your own home.
- Afternoon tea and refreshments throughout the session.
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Old Bexley Soap Co.
Paula , founder of Old Bexley Soap Co. is a member of the Guild of Craft Soap and Toiletry Makers in the UK and has extensive experience in soap and candle making. She is passionate about natural skin care and luxury fragrances and enjoys sharing her soap and candle making passion with others.
We have a great location in Bexley Village (zone 6 on Oyster Card) which means we are easy to get to from London, Kent, Essex and East Sussex, just a few minutes walk from Bexley train station, with trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street. Bus 269 and 132 stop just outside. Bus B12, 229 and 492 stop nearby. We are just off the A2 and near the M25.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.