7 hour class
Designed for individuals with an already sound understanding of DSLR's, photography techniques and skills, this course focuses solely on the art and techniques surrounding portraiture.
In this class
The course begins with a question - 'what do we want to capture through the portrait and what will we achieve?' this question will become the foundation for all portraiture photography, and leads into the rest of the course material; historical portraits, techniques, hints, tips and ending with a practical session where attendees attempt to recreate great historical portraits. All of this is guided by an experienced, friendly tutor.
This day course includes:
- The Big Question - What do we want to capture through a portrait and what will we inevitably achieve?
- A study of the greats - We look at the work of some of the great portrait photographers and dissect their images.
- How to compose a Portrait - The head and shoulders vs The story
- We look at how to use natural light for portraits through images and practical exercises
- We will use a simple one light studio flash portrait set up
- Kit - What is a portrait lens?
- How to interact with your subject for the best results.
- A practical session where we try and recreate a portrait from one of our chosen greats.
Now you can
- perfect your portraiture technique and add it to your portfolio
- expand your skills, knowledge and confidence
- offer portraiture shoots to family, friends and colleagues to both show off your new skills and practice your new skill
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Photography Course London
Photography Course London is a Photography school based in East London, Shoreditch, offering a wide variety of courses and classes, from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced DSLR Photography to Post-Production Courses. You can engage in classes in the evening, daytime and on Saturday, in the classroom or fully practical, on location or in the studio. Their approach revolves around a focus on small sized classes at affordable prices, with experienced and skilled teachers as well as practitioners in the professional photographic industry. Click with photography by learning from the best.
- Just a stones throw away from… Old Steet Tube Station
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.