6.5 hour class
The class should be taken after completion of Intense Foundation of Digital Photography - Level 1. Designed for the slightly more experienced photographer who already has a founding knowledge of the camera and it's settings.
In this class
Taking over from the end of the Level 1 class, this class picks up where you will have left off previously. Beginning with an in-depth look at exposure and relevant techniques, before moving onto the rest of the camera's capabilities and settings, our friendly tutors walk you through the finer details of using a DSLR camera.
Topics covered in this day course are:
- Exposure in depth
- Calculating exposure in Stops
- Histograms and Tonal Range
- Understanding and recognising correct exposure using Histograms
- Metering modes
- Focal length
- Prime vs zoom lenses
- Lens impact on Depth of Field
- Angle of View and perspective
- Custom White Balance
- Colour temperature
- Calibrating and profiling (camera, monitor, printers)
- RAW vs Jpeg
- Bit Depth
- Sensor sizes
- Manual Focus Vs Auto Focus
- Incident and reflective light metering
- How the digital image is constructed and how it differs from film?
- Composition - utilising creative and technical knowledge
Now you can
- increase your confidence and skills in photography
- experiment with new techniques to find your personal photography style
- understand lighting and image techniques in detail
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Photography Course London
Photography Course London is a Photography school based in East London, Shoreditch, offering a wide variety of courses and classes, from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced DSLR Photography to Post-Production Courses. You can engage in classes in the evening, daytime and on Saturday, in the classroom or fully practical, on location or in the studio. Their approach revolves around a focus on small sized classes at affordable prices, with experienced and skilled teachers as well as practitioners in the professional photographic industry. Click with photography by learning from the best.
- Just a stones throw away from… Old Steet Tube Station
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.