Eight session course
This course will be a fun and informative way to complete the WSET Level 3 qualification. Each day will start at 9am with tea and coffee. We’ll stop for a delicious picnic lunch at around 1pm, with the day ending around 4pm.
The WSET Level 3 is devised by the Wine and Spirit Education Trust and is the internationally-recognised qualification for those entering the wine and hospitality trades. This course is perfect for wine connoisseurs who wish to learn about wines in a disciplined and structured manner, and gain an internationally recognised wine qualification. You’ll taste a wide range of wines as you cover the syllabus, gaining a thorough understanding of the world of wine today.
It is an extremely rigorous course and requires intensive study and preparation. The course cost covers WSET examination fees, WSET course materials, WSET accredited tuition, use of Berry Bros. & Rudd equipment and tasting samples. Course materials are sent to you in advance and we recommend that you read them thoroughly before starting the course.
- Session 1: Course induction and tasting technique
- Session 2: The natural factors and human influences in the vineyard
- Session 3: The human factors in the winery that influence style, quality and price
- Session 4: The white wines of Germany, Alsace, Austria and Tokaj
- Session 5: The white wines of Burgundy, the Loire Valley and Bordeaux
- Session 6: The red and rosé wines of Bordeaux, South-West France and the Loire Valley
- Session 7: The red wines of Burgundy and the wines of the Northern Rhône
- Session 8: The wines of the Southern Rhône Valley and southern France; the white wines of Spain and Portugal and the red wines of Spain (part one)
- Session 9: The red wines of Spain (part two) and the wines of Northern Italy
- Session 10: The wines of central and southern Italy, Greece and the red wines of Portugal
- Session 11: Premium red wine regions of the New World
- Session 12: Premium white wine regions of the New World
- Session 13: Regional specialities of the New World
- Session 14: Sparkling wines
- Session 15: Fortified wines
- Mock exam and exam tasting technique (10am to 3pm)
- Revision day (10am to 3pm)
- Examination, followed by a glass of Champagne
Each course has 3 full revision sessions towards the end, before taking your exam in the last session (followed by a well-earned glass of champagne!)
The WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is devised by the Wine and Spirit Education Trust and is the internationally recognised course that is followed by those entering the wine and hospitality trades.
Select a class time
Wed 1 May, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Wed 8 May, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Wed 15 May, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Wed 22 May, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Wed 29 May, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Wed 5 Jun, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Wed 12 Jun, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri 14 Jun, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri 21 Jun, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri 28 Jun, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri 5 Jul, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri 12 Jul, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri 19 Jul, 8:00am - 3:00pm
Fri 26 Jul, 8:00am - 3:00pm
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Berry Bros. & Rudd
Berry Bros. & Rudd is Britain’s oldest wine and spirit merchant having first opened its doors in 1698.
Being a supplier to the Royal family since the reign of George III the company has held two Royal warrants from the reign of Edward VII. Still in its original shop at No. 3 St James’s Street London, the shop has altered little since those times providing an atmospheric experience for customers and curious visitors alike.
With over three centuries of accumulated knowledge, the close relationships developed with the world’s finest spirit and wine producers and seven Masters of Wine working for the company, Berry Bros. & Rudd provides the ultimate fine wine and spirits experience.
Whilst embracing its heritage Berry Bros. & Rudd is constantly looking to innovate; being the first wine merchant to create a website in 1994, and temperature controlled wine cellars in the 1960s. Today’s modern state of the art warehouses contain more than 8.5 million bottles of wine.
With the establishment of the warehouses in Hampshire and in the continuing spirit of innovation Berry Bros. & Rudd has made use of the original cellars underneath No.3 St James’s Street. Recently refurbished to a high standard, Berry Bros. & Rudd now runs friendly, fun and informative courses in these historic spaces. Leveraging off all the acquired expertise of the Masters of Wine and numerous other connoisseurs there is no better place to learn about wine and spirits than in the extraordinary Pickering Cellar.
The course cost covers WSET examination fees, WSET course materials, WSET accredited tuition, use of Berry Bros. & Rudd equipment and tasting samples. Course materials are sent to you in advance during the summer and we recommend that you read them thoroughly before starting the course. Please note, this is an extremely rigorous course and requires intensive study and preparation.The dress code is smart casual.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.