Three session workshop
A perfect pair of jeans makes every wardrobe complete, but finding the right pair can sometimes seem like hunting a unicorn! Forego the quest this year by learning how to make your own, with Great British Sewing Bee 2016 winner Charlotte Newland. This West Hampstead class is suitable for intermediate dressmakers with some garment sewing experience.
In this class
The idea of sewing jeans might be daunting, but sewing pro Charlotte will guide you through every step of the way, covering skills like: trouser-fitting, inserting a zip fly, top-stitching and inserting jeans hardware.
You'll get to choose your size (from American size 0 -20), and design: low-rise with narrow stovepipe legs, or high-waisted with skinny legs.
Now you can
- master the art of making your very own jeans
- learn new sewing tips and tricks for your future garment making projects
- never have to agonise in store changing rooms over ill-fitting jeans again
Keep / Eat
Students will be provided with the Ginger Jeans pattern, but will need to bring or buy their own material supplies (available for sale from the Village Haberdashery). Supplies required are as follows:
- Fabric: Stretch denim with at least 2% stretch (please see the pattern back here for requirements for your size) and 1/2 metre cotton lining for pockets.
- Denim zipper
- A jeans button and denim rivets
- 1/4 metre woven fusible interfacing (like Vilene)
- Coordinating thread
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
Gift this class to a friend or loved one
About your host, The Village Haberdashery
The Village Haberdashery provides sewing and craft classes with a modern spin from their shop and studio in West Hampstead, London. They offer a range of fun and varied courses for students of all levels of experience. From dressmaking to quilting, weaving to macrame, calligraphy to paper crafts, and a host of many other creative classes, The Village Haberdashery is bound to have a workshop for you!
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.