5 hour workshop
Get ready for summer early by learning to sew your own cute and comfy Jersey Moneta dress! This West Hampstead class is ideal for dressmaking beginners who already know how to use a sewing machine.
In this class
This class provides a great overview of learning to sew with knits on a home sewing machine. You'll learn skills such as fitting and finishing, and handy tricks like using clear elastic for gathering. You'll also try your hand at using an overlocker. In the end, you'll sew a lovely and versatile dress using a template that ranges from XS to 3XL or American 0-26.
Now you can
- master the basics of dressmaking
- do lots of cool tricks on the sewing machine
- fashion your own Moneta dress styles for every season of the year
Keep / Eat
Students will be provided with the Moneta pattern, but will need to bring or buy their own material supplies (available for sale from the Village Haberdashery). Supplies required are as follows:
- Fabric: Medium or lightweight jersey knit, baby rib knit, double knit or interlock (please see the pattern back here for requirements for your size). You'lll be making Version 2 or 3 (not the sleeveless version as the construction is different).
- Elastic: 2 yards/metres of 1/4" clear elastic
- Coordinating thread
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, The Village Haberdashery
The Village Haberdashery provides sewing and craft classes with a modern spin from their shop and studio in West Hampstead, London. They offer a range of fun and varied courses for students of all levels of experience. From dressmaking to quilting, weaving to macrame, calligraphy to paper crafts, and a host of many other creative classes, The Village Haberdashery is bound to have a workshop for you!
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.