5.5 hour class
Join this class to learn all the techniques required to make a beautiful and simple skirt!
In this class
Previous sewing experience is advised for this course, although students need not have vast experience.
Students will learn to make an A line or a Pencil Skirt with 3 different length options in any fabric of your choice, using a home dressmaking pattern.
The class will include:
- How to use a commercial pattern, how to lay, mark and pin the pattern to fabric and cut out
- Sewing seams
- Making darts
- Inserting a concealed zip
- Attaching a waist facing.
- If you're making a pencil skirt you will also make a back vent.
- You will them hem, press and finish your skirt ready to wear.
Now you can
- Make your own skirts at home
- Build upon the skills you have learnt during the class and try making other items
- Pass on your recently acquired knowledge and skills to friends and family
Keep / Eat
Students will need to bring the following fabric:
- Above knee length- 115cm wide fabric- 1m of fabric. 150cm wide fabric- 80cm of fabric.
- Calf length- 115cm wide fabric- 1m 30cm of fabric. 150cm wide fabric- 1m 20cm of fabric.
- Ankle length- 115cm wide fabric- 2m 40cm of fabric. 150cm wide fabric- 2m 30cm of fabric.
You will also need a 20 cm concealed zip otherwise known as an invisible zip. We will send you more fabric details and a list of suppliers when you book.
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Fashion Antidote
Fashion Antidote is a small independently owned fashion school and studio based in East London just off Brick Lane.
Fashion Antidote brings a fresh alternative to Fashion education. Its emphasis is on teaching top fashion and fashion related subjects, specialising in technical and creative skills as well courses and workshops on fashion business and how to set up your own company. Unlike many other schools, its classes are small and informal and offer lots of 1-to-1 support to help build up your confidence. All levels are catered for whether you are an absolute beginner or a fashion professional - they have courses for you.
Running on week days, evenings and weekends, courses are both affordable and flexible. Quality tuition comes from highly experienced tutors from academic or fashion industry backgrounds who work with leading fashion names, have their own labels and teach at much bigger well known colleges and universities in and around London.
Just off Brick Lane with its vibrant mix of restaurants, galleries, vintage stores, fabric shops and minutes away from Spitalfield’s market.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.