6.5 hour class
Join this fun and hands-on class to learn how to make your very own shirt.
In this class
This class will teach you how to make a shirt from scratch, mastering all the basic tips and tricks.
In this class, students will learn how to:
- How to use a home dressmaking pattern
- How to lay, mark and pin the pattern to fabric and cut out.
- Sewing seams
- Making darts women's shirt
- Attaching a one- piece collar
- Attaching a sleeve
- Making buttonholes
- You will them hem, press and finish your shirt ready to wear.
Now you can
- Make shirts at home for yourself, or as uniquely personal gifts
- Practice your craft at home and use the techniques that you learnt during the class to boost your repertoire
- Pass on these skills to family members and friends with a similar interest
Keep / Eat
We provide the pattern and buttons; you will need to bring 2m 10cm of a suitable fabric. We will send you more fabric details and a list of suppliers when you book.
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Fashion Antidote
Fashion Antidote is a small independently owned fashion school and studio based in East London just off Brick Lane.
Fashion Antidote brings a fresh alternative to Fashion education. Its emphasis is on teaching top fashion and fashion related subjects, specialising in technical and creative skills as well courses and workshops on fashion business and how to set up your own company. Unlike many other schools, its classes are small and informal and offer lots of 1-to-1 support to help build up your confidence. All levels are catered for whether you are an absolute beginner or a fashion professional - they have courses for you.
Running on week days, evenings and weekends, courses are both affordable and flexible. Quality tuition comes from highly experienced tutors from academic or fashion industry backgrounds who work with leading fashion names, have their own labels and teach at much bigger well known colleges and universities in and around London.
Just off Brick Lane with its vibrant mix of restaurants, galleries, vintage stores, fabric shops and minutes away from Spitalfield’s market.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.