Dressmaking Course For Absolute Beginners Our beginners introduction to dressmaking is the perfect course to kick any serious sewing enthusiast who want to start a sewing journey and take it seriously too. You will be learning basic, solid techniques to boost your growth. Our beginners introduction to dressmaking will be in a very small group. This ensures that each student receives adequate and appropriate attention.
Workshop Goal The learners will be guided on how to setup, navigate and troubleshoot a domestic sewing machine. They will be familiarised with the exercise of :
- Winding a bobbin
- Sewing a seam
- Finishing a hem
- Using different types of stitches
- Understanding & Using Patterns
You will be working on 3 separate projects during this period
- A simple tote bag to introduce you to sewing
- Simple tunic dress using a sewing pattern
- A simple top using a sewing pattern
Workshop Objective At the end of the 6-weeks, the students should be able to confidently:
- Utilise the sewing to complete basic sewing tasks
- Sew a simple bag using their newly acquired sewing techniques
- Understand body measurements, cut and sew a tunic dress with the aid of a sewing pattern
- Cut and sew a simple blouse with the aid of a sewing pattern
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Luchi and Ota
Luchi & Ota’s mantra is simple: sewing is both an art and a hobby, but most importantly, it is a valuable life skill. At this colourful boutique in the heart of Edgware, classes are on offer to equip students with all their sewing needs, from upcycling and alterations to designing their own pyjama bottoms. Luchi & Ota cater to all ages and abilities, and ensure that each client leaves with a renewed love of the craft.
At the heart of Luchi & Ota’s vibrant and friendly shop is a true love for what they do. Whether you’re a practiced sewer looking to expand your knowledge, or a novice with a wardrobe that needs updating, this is the school for you.
**Materials Required:** A list of materials required will be emailed on registration
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.