Six session course
DUMEBI are offering a beginners embroidery class at their north London studio where they create all theur handmade designs worn by celebrities. This is a 2 hours a week, 6 weeks course on embroidery techniques.
You will be learning various embroidery techniques during this course:
- 1st week- hand embroidery using metallic thread on calico
- 2nd week- machine embroidery (freehand) using metallic threads and the freehand foot on a domestic sewing machine. A great way to learn how to embroider your own unique designs without the use of a digital embroidery machine - you will be able to create embroidery designs from home with your domestic sewing machine without having to invest in a very expensive embroidery machine.
- 3rd week- beadwork - creating 3D embroidery samples using beads and crystals.
- 4th & 5th week - appliqué - you will cut out intricate lace pieces and create a lace appliqué embroidery sample
- 6th week - you will make a small sample using the combined techniques learnt on this course
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, DUMEBI Couture Fashion
DUMEBI Fashion is Haute Couture womenswear clothing brand created by British luxury fashion designer Barbara Biosah. She began her studies at world renowned fashion school Parsons the new school for design in NYC and at IFA Paris in Paris France for her love for Couture Fashion graduating with a bachelor degree in fashion design and technology. Barbara has worked with various pregostious luxury fashion brands spread out between London, Paris and NYC including, Suzie Turner Couture, Gareth Pugh, Roland Muoret and Alice and Olivia before starting her own Couture fashion brand in Paris.
DUMEBI handcrafted creations have showcased during London fashion week and have been worn by actresses and musicians in Hollywood for music videos, editorials and red carpet events. With 3 to 6 month internships they offer for students and graduates many have all learned a lot from the experience and gone on to acquire great job positions in other companies and areas in the fashion industry with the skills taught by DUMEBI.
They offer extensive Couture sewing technique classes from beginner to advanced level at their north London studio in Enfield where they create all handmade designs worn by celebrities internationally. They have a range of 3 hour dedicated workshop classes on embroidery techniques, screen printing, hand sewing/ finishing, lace appliqué and Devore workshop as part of 6 week and 12 week Couture sewing techniques course where you will have the opportunity to create your own embroidery sample and later on create a full garment using your chosen textile technique(s) (12 week courses only) each class is taught by designer Barbara and classes consist of no more than 4 people giving you the chance to really learn in an intimate group.
For this course we will provide all the required materials including Sewing threads, Embroidery hoops and beads that will be used for this class. The only thing you will need to bring is yourself :) If there are any other materials needed later on in this course for a specific class we will let you know in advance
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.