5 hour workshop
Whether you're an advanced printer or a true beginner, you will find it not only a labour of love but will definitely remember how it is to be at one with yourself, away from your computer screens and smart phones.
You may have a specific project in mind or you may want to come and just experiment, every level of expertise is welcome, and you certainly don’t need to be a designer, artist or creative to give it a go.
The workshop covers the following aspects:
- Introduction to hand-setting metal/wood type & locking up;
- Printing on Croydon's finest: Farley proofing presses with a printable bed size of 23 x 14 inches (34×58 cms) & 19 x 23 (50 x 60 cms) or 8 x 5 Adana presses;
- The chance to set and print your own piece of work to take home.
The workshop includes:
- Disconnect from your everyday life;
- Travel back in time (somewhat!);
- Take your own piece of work home;
- We make a pretty good coffee & tea.
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Pixel Press
Pixel Press is the experimental printmaking space of artists David Vassie & Julieta H. Adame. A collaborative platform for people of different interests connected to language and printing. Art studio, publishing house, classroom. We like to share what we know and have learnt with professional printers, designers & artists, we find letterpress extremely satisfying and detest the idea of seeing type being turned into coffee tables, akin to toys being entombed in their packaging, never to be played with.
All materials included. The process is not messy but ideally wear an old t-shirt you wouldn't mind staining!
The workshop is open to everyone, but ideally for young people, we prefer if they are at least 7 years old. **Please note that we clean our equipment with white spirit in case you are allergic or are not a fan of solvents
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.