What you will do
Eight session course
Printing on Clay is an eight-week course in West London designed to introduce students to printmaking techniques for ceramics. Come along and learn how to make and decorate clay forms using a combination of mono-printing techniques. The expert team at Studio Lloyd can help students of all ages and abilities to develop their clay-printing techniques in a relaxed and friendly environment.
In this class
This eight-week course will leave students with an in-depth understanding of the art of Printing on Clay. Welcoming all age groups and abilities, the course will cover:
- painting onto a plaster bat using coloured decorating slips
- drawing with oxides to create tonal mono-prints
- pressing slabs of clay into moulds and textures
- using stencils: paper and latex to mask areas of your print and layer further imagery
- develop an awareness of historical and contemporary approaches in ceramics by learning about other artists
The cost of the course covers all materials and firing.
Now you can
- practice the skills you have learned from the comfort of your own home
- experiment with clay printing to further develop the craft
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Studio Lloyd
Zoe Lloyd runs this great Hammersmith studio offers courses in ceramics, print-making and decorating using a variety of techniques and materials.
Run by practicing artists and graduates from the Royal College of Art, Zoe can help students of all ages and abilities to fulfil their artistic desires. Based in a quiet studio in Hammersmith, West London, Zoe offers up a friendly and welcoming atmosphere to anyone and everyone who goes there.
The team share a deep passion for what they do, and with their extensive range of experience, they can help turn even the most novice artist into an everyday Picasso. Perhaps you are a beginner who would like to try your hand at ceramic-making, printing or sculpture? Perhaps you are already an experienced artist looking to explore a more diverse range of techniques? Whatever your capability, and whatever your dream, Zoe has something to suit you.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.