6 hour workshop
Contemporary Ceramic Sculpture is one-day workshop is designed to introduce students to ceramic sculptural techniques. If you are a beginner or an experienced artist with a burning desire to explore the world of ceramics then this is the class for you!
In this class
This one-day workshop will leave students with a good understanding of the art of Ceramic Sculpture. Welcoming all age groups and abilities, the workshop aims to help you:
- construct abstracted forms using line, texture, colour and shape
- develop techniques using both soft clay and leather hard clay and experiment with collaged forms
- combine mixed media such as paper, clay and wire
- discover the possibilities of glaze through the use of multiple firings and temperatures
- develop an awareness of historical and contemporary approaches in ceramics by learning about artists
Please note, the cost of the workshop covers all materials and firing.
Now you can
- combine sculpture and pottery skills to make beautiful creations for your home
- practice the skills you have learned from the comfort of your own home
- experiment further with ceramic sculpture to develop the craft
Leave the class with your own, homemade, ceramic sculpture.
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
Gift this class to a friend or loved one
About your host, Studio Lloyd
Zoe Lloyd runs this great Hammersmith studio offers courses in ceramics, print-making and decorating using a variety of techniques and materials.
Run by practicing artists and graduates from the Royal College of Art, Zoe can help students of all ages and abilities to fulfil their artistic desires. Based in a quiet studio in Hammersmith, West London, Zoe offers up a friendly and welcoming atmosphere to anyone and everyone who goes there.
The team share a deep passion for what they do, and with their extensive range of experience, they can help turn even the most novice artist into an everyday Picasso. Perhaps you are a beginner who would like to try your hand at ceramic-making, printing or sculpture? Perhaps you are already an experienced artist looking to explore a more diverse range of techniques? Whatever your capability, and whatever your dream, Zoe has something to suit you.
Please note that because clay does not dry within a day you may not be able to take away your creations that day. The team at Studio Lloyd will fire your clay and get them back to you within 2 / 3 weeks of your original workshop date!
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.