7 hour workshop
Suitable for beginners, the One-Day intensive Etching workshop covers three etching techniques and is delivered by a friendly, helpful tutor to provide assistance as you learn.
In this class
The course covers three main etching techniques, explained in detail as you try them yourself, with a friendly tutor to help along the way, these are;
- Drawing with stop-out onto aluminium plates and Saline Sulphate.
- Rolling a hard ground onto copper and etching in Ferric Chloride.
- Rolling a soft ground onto steel then drawing a sugarlift onto zinc and laying an Aquatint before etching in Nitric Acid.
Now you can
- Use the different techniques to develop your own etching style
- Develop your skills within an advanced Thames-Side workshop
- Join Thames-side as an open access member
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Thames-Side Print Studio
An established printing studio, staffed by experienced individuals, offering both printing services and a range of classes, courses and workshops.
Thames-Side Print Studio are experts in all things print-related, including etching, screenprinting, relief, plate lithography, large format printing and textiles. The business offers printing services, assistance for those within the industry, services for art collectors and a range of educational facilities for both school-aged and mature learners.
The professional and experienced staff at Thames-Side Print Studio share their wisdom, techniques and passion for printing through a series of workshops and courses suitable for all abilities, from beginner’s classes covering the basics, to more advanced techniques for the more experienced learner.
Materials are provided during the workshop and your creations are yours to take home at the end of the day.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.