Five session course
Make your Monday something to look forward too with this five-week introduction to ceramics course, the perfect way to relax and ease into your week.
What to Expect
Each week you will be guided through a different technique to build a piece of you tableware set. In the first week you will make some small dining items e.g. serving spoons or salt/ pepper holders and a wine tumbler to drink from. In the following weeks you will construct your tableware set. This will consist of something to eat off, a vessel to drink from and an item to decorate your table e.g. a vase. In the fourth week you can re-visit a technique you enjoyed and make a duplicate item of your choice for a friend or partner. You will have 6 items in total, 4 medium sized pieces and 2 smaller ones. In the final class you will glaze your pieces and there will be a selection of glazes for you to choose from.
Fully tutored classes, all materials, glazes, firings and your very own unique table ware set.
- A short introduction to clay and what to expect from the course.
- Pinching and coiling – drinking vessel, olive bowl, dip bowl, spoons.
- For the last hour you will roll out you slabs of clay in preparation for the following weeks slab building class.
- Two items fired -One vessel and two small pinched salt and pepper holders (1 item)
- Introduction and demonstration on slab building.
- In this class you will be constructing either a slab-built vase to decorate your table.
- You will also make your plate in this class using the slab techique
- two slab-built item fired.
- Introduction and demonstration to press moulding.
- In this class you will make a press moulded a bowl.
- One press moulded item fired.
- In this week’s class you can use any of your new skills to construct a dining item of your own choice. This is a good opportunity to re visit a technique you enjoyed or make a duplicate of one of the previous items.
- Introduction to glaze application and decoration. In this final week you will be glazing your whole table ware set.
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Kana London
Kana Studios has a range of hand-buiding workshops available which are the perfect introduction to clay. There is a 2 hour taster workshop on Saturdays, a 3 week explorer class and a 5 week 'Make your own Tableware' There is also practice session available for the more experienced folk.
The studio is a beautiful space to work, bright and inspiring., come and wind down with us and walk away with your very own handmade treasures.
PLEASE BRING: Old clothes, its gonna get messy! COLLECTION: In about 3 weeks your items will be ready for collection. We will notify you by email and you can swing by the studio to collect your pieces.. Unfortunately once we have notified you, we can not keep items for longer than two weeks due to limited storage.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.