What you will do
2 hour workshop
This wabisabi handmade ceramic tableware course is perfect for beginners or anyone who has experience in pottery but wants to learn something a little different. You teacher, Yen Yu, will guide you step by step through all the processes to make sure you understand each technique during this class!
Hand build ceramics always gives you a warmth, homey feeling, it is Yen Yu's favourite way to make home tableware. In this course, you will learn hand-building and decoration techniques to make your beautiful handmade tableware. You can be 100% creative but also learn how to make functional tableware. With the correct use of tools and techniques, hand-building can be really delicate and beautiful.
In this 2-hr session
- You will spend a few minutes to share and discuss what you want to make (including shapes, colour plan and decoration).
- Then get your hands on clay, you will learn hand-building technique such as coil-building and slab-building, handle making to make your bowls, plates and tea cups.
- You will also learn how use sculpting tools.
- You will glaze and decorate your pots with your own choice of underglaze.
After the class
- Your work will be fired, and glazed with transparent glaze as a coat of waterproof protection by Yen Yu.
Cost of materials
- The fee covers firing and all materials.
- Work will be ready to collect after 2 weeks, and please collect your beautiful work within 2 months.
- Are the ceramic work microwave and dishwasher safe?
Yes! You can use them in everyday life. :)
- Can I make things other than tableware?
Of course you can! We always encourage students to be creative, make whatever you want!
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, CozyPots Creative Studio
Yen Yu is the founder of CozyPots, she has a sweet art studio located in South east London, she is an illustrator/ceramicist. Yen Yu has always dreamt of having her own studio in London, so that she could share what she loves with people. In 2018, luckily she finally got her own studio, she decided to share her workspace with people who want to experience making pottery but don't have the space and equipment. Yen Yu also teamed up with artists in different fields to create fresh experiences. In her studio, she usually teaches in a small groups, so each student gets one-on-one attention from the tutors. It's a small place but warm and cozy, it's a place for you to chill, learn and have lots of fun.
Please have as shorter nails as possible. It will be much easier for you to work on clay!
All students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.