Five session class
Each day will kick off with a lively demonstration, preparing you for the culinary adventure ahead the 2-course lunch that you will cook all on your own. But never fear, as chef Rich will be here guiding you every step of the way. The afternoon will also consist of a demonstration before handing the kitchen over to you again. On Thursday evening, it's time for a dinner party Avenue-style. Students will have the chance to invite friends and family to the dining table in our fully equipped kitchen and put their newly acquired skills into action. We can guarantee that you will leave the Avenue with loads of new skills under your belt as well as some very good friends.
What We Offer
- Fun, warm and professional teaching
- Hands-on 5 days intensive and hands-on cooking programme
- A maximum of 20 students on each course
- Years of experience to share, including tips and tricks of the trade
- Recipe booklet to take home
- An Avenue apron
- Tips for hosting
- The Vegan Cookery Course Avenue Certificate
- All facilities, equipment and ingredients are included
- Excellent cooking skills
- Knowledge of sweet and savoury vegan dishes
- Using egg and dairy alternatives
- Knowledge of different uses of nuts, pulses, grains, tofu, miso, seitan and tempeh
- Cooking with leftovers
- Avoiding waste
- Kitchen hygiene
- Time planning
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
Vegan Cooking Course Timings
- Monday – Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
- Thursday: 9am – 9pm (including dinner party)
- Friday: 10am – 4pm
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, The Avenue Cookery School
The Avenue Cookery School is a family-run leaning business based in Wandsworth in South West London. The owner and head chef Diana began her career as a chalet chef before discovering her entrepreneurial side and founding a number of specialist food ventures. Infamously, Diana taught at The Grange Cookery School in Somerset for 7 years before starting The Avenue, where she has been ever since.
Diana is supported by her son Richard and daughter Sophie.
The food at The Avenue can be considered classic chic but full of fun twists and turns (ranging from macaroon masterclasses to gluten free baking to simple supper classes). All the classes are taught in the school's beautiful kitchen facilities in a relaxed environment.
Watch The Avenue here, where all the magic happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCBO61x4Aow&feature=youtu.be
You do not need to worry about bringing anything to our fully equipped kitchen. Please see our Terms and Conditions on our website.
All ages are welcome No experience is required
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.