What you will do
4 hour class
Come and join our Useful Sauces Class with BYOB . You will learn how to cook up an array of different sauces that can be incorporated into lots of different dishes.
The class will start with a short, lively demonstration covering basic and more complex saucy concepts. It's then over to you to put your newly acquired skills into action. Our sauce masters will be on-hand throughout the session, providing useful tips when needed. You will cover around 12 sauces from a Chimichurri to a Garlic Mayo. Please note that there will be several sauces that can only be demonstrated due to various constraints. And make sure you arrive with free hands as you will leave with many of your own, delicious sauces!
What We Offer
- Fun and upbeat classes
- Recipe booklet to take home
- Everything provided
- Making delicious sauces
- Time management
Useful Sauces Class Menu
- Chicken Stock – demonstrated
- Roux – demonstrated only
- Veloute – demonstrated only
- Foam – demonstrated only
- Mayonnaise/Garlic Mayonnaise – demonstrated only
- Hollandaise/Bearnaise – demonstrated and made by you
- Bechamel – you will make this into a soufflé for lunch
- Demi Glace – made by you to take home
- Pesto – made by you to take home
- Chimichurri – made by you to take home
- Romesco Sauce – made by you to serve with the soufflé for lunch
- Salted Caramel Sauce – demonstrated only – for lunch
- Crème Anglaise – demonstrated and made by you – will then be made into an ice cream for lunch
- Garlic Mayonnaise and Crudités
- Cheese Soufflé with Romesco Sauce and a Salad
- Ice Cream with a Salted Caramel Sauce
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, The Avenue Cookery School
The Avenue Cookery School is a family-run leaning business based in Wandsworth in South West London. The owner and head chef Diana began her career as a chalet chef before discovering her entrepreneurial side and founding a number of specialist food ventures. Infamously, Diana taught at The Grange Cookery School in Somerset for 7 years before starting The Avenue, where she has been ever since.
Diana is supported by her son Richard and daughter Sophie.
The food at The Avenue can be considered classic chic but full of fun twists and turns (ranging from macaroon masterclasses to gluten free baking to simple supper classes). All the classes are taught in the school's beautiful kitchen facilities in a relaxed environment.
Watch The Avenue here, where all the magic happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCBO61x4Aow&feature=youtu.be
If you have any special dietary requirements please get in touch with us directly before booking to confirm we can cater for it.
You don't have to worry about bringing anything to our fully equipped kitchen apart from some booze (with no corkage fee).
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.