6 hour class
This is a brilliant one day workshop for absolute beginners one day workshop who want to learn to Sew (and there is a with a Christmas Twist!)
In this workshop you will make a drawstring bag and a super Christmas stocking which will teach you the following skills:
- The basics of threading the machine and winding a bobbin
- Learning the different functions of the machine/Sewing seams/Sewing in a straight line/Sewing curves, corners and pivoting
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Understanding fabrics, grain lines & seam allowances
- Pinning and marking fabric
- Understanding pattern markings
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, KHY Sewing School
Learn to Sew taster classes, workshops and courses.
Splatter Make and Know How You, bring together children, young people and adults with a desire to learn and explore new skills. We have established a thriving community of people who are learning skills once traditionally passed down in the home or in schools.
Find out more about our classes like Sewing, Textiles, Crafting and so much more. We are incredibly passionate about what we do and that’s what makes us contagiously exciting!
Is your sewing machine gathering dust and needs rescuing from the cupboard? Our sewing and textile classes for adults and kids are ideal for you to learn to sew or for more experienced people.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.