What you will do
2.5 hour class
In this class you will discover the beautiful art of calligraphy and go from beginner to expert in no time.
In this class
Whether you have been writing for decades, or never picked up a pen, no prior knowledge is needed for this one!
Beginners modern calligraphy does what it says on the box - and much more. This excellent class will teach you everything you need to know starting right at the basics.
What will you be doing?
- You will be taken through all the calligraphy tools, basic brushstrokes and techniques
- You will get to grips with the full alphabet (even those pesky W's).
- You will be taught by Suzie, the owner of luxury stationery brand A Laise and modern calligrapher extraordinaire
And what do you need to bring? Absolutely nothing! We will be providing you with:
- 1 pen holder
- 1 nib
- 1 pot of handmade black ink
- 1 instructional alphabet with both upper and lower case lettering with plenty of practice sheets
Calligraphy is an art form that is meant to be shared! Embrace your beautiful creative writing with someone who shares this passion. Alternatively, there will be no shortage of fellow Obby lovers present to share the fun with you!
Now you can
- write the most beautiful letters to your friends and loved ones
- explore the art of calligraphy in more depth
- embrace creative writing in a new way
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Tea & Crafting
Founded by Jane Gois in 2010 Tea & Crafting has grown steadily over the years and is now London's top private craft venue. We're really proud of our central premises in Covent Garden and we are certainly doing everything we pass on the crafting bug to you crafty Londoners!
We are a group of friendly artist experts who are partial to a bit of old-fashioned craftsmanship with a modern twist. If your undiscovered creative side is simply yarn-ing to get then join one of our crafty workshops and spend a few hours learning something new. Expect to learn new skills, show off creations and have a lot of fun!
All our workshops are project based meaning you leave with a completed item at the end. There is ALWAYS cake, tea and coffee to keep you fuelled whilst you craft. Vegan and gluten free diets always catered for too at each workshop.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.