5.5 hour workshop
This flash photography workshop is for you if you've always been scared to get your flash out of the bag. After completing this course you will know how your flash works and you'll be able to use it to take photos you're really happy with!
You will be shown how to use on and off camera flash to create both natural and dramatic portrait photos. On the course you will work with a model, and visit different locations, outside and inside, to create a set of portraits that will help you fully understand how to use on and off camera flash to achieve excellent and consistent results.
The class will first cover the basics of using flash so you fully understand how to use it. You will then go on to create photos using flash, inside and outside using both on and off camera flash. Topics covered will include:
- How to use flash to get results you're happy with
- Flash settings and what they do, including zoom, TTL and manual
- How your camera setting affect flash including shutter speed, aperture, ISO and sync speed
- Fill flash and flash exposure compensation
- How to balance ambient light with flash
- Bouncing flash off ceilings and walls - how and why
- Working with off camera flash
- How and where to position lights in relation to your subject and the environment
- Off camera flash lighting set ups for portraits including main, fill and hair light
- How and when to use reflectors, diffusers and umbrellas
- Adding interest to shots using flash
- Lighting the background
- Combining movement with flash
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, 36exp Photography
36exp is a group of professional, knowledgeable and enthusiastic photographers offering photography training in London. We create and deliver photography courses and workshops for photographers so that they can improve their skills.
The photographers who run our courses and workshops have been carefully selected because they have vast amounts of knowledge and experience to share, they are good communicators and are committed to developing other photographers.
The education we provide covers a wide spectrum of subjects, interests and skill levels. There should be something for everyone. The courses and photography workshops happen in a variety of venues and locations in London.
You will need a camera with manual mode and, and you will need your own dedicated flash unit. Please contact us if you have any questions about this and if you have an camera other than a Nikon or Canon SLR
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.