5 hour class
Always been attracted to filmmaking? Got loads of shot footage from a holiday that you want to create into a story? Or you are hoping to get into the film industry as an editor. Being a professional film editor with clients from brands such as L'Oreal, Kiehl's etc as well as being an experienced documentary filmmaker I will offer you a substantial bag of skills that can be used for a personal interest in filmmaking or in commercial environments. Located in the heart of Shoreditch, the trendiest and liveliest zone in London. 7 mins from Shoreditch High Street, Liverpool Street and Old Street I will take you through the basics of editing from A to B.
- You will learn how to handle different types of footage.
- To understand the ins and outs of Premiere Pro CC.
- To edit a film into a visually appealing and professional manner.
- All the different effects Premiere Pro have to offer.
- Basic colouring of the footage to add a certain tone to the film.
- What format to export the film so that it is useable on the internet.
- How to export films that are good for instagram.
- First hand experience about the film industry.
- All the legalities of using music within film.
- The class will start by having a look at some brilliantly edited music videos and films - 30 mins
- Next we will have a chat about all the legalities of copyright within music usage - 15 mins
- We will have a look at the basic ins and outs of premiere pro - 15 mins
- Then we will have a look at the footage by dragging it into the programme and setting out a general plan for constructing the film - 30 mins
- Break where we will have a coffee and chat for 15 mins
- You will then start to slowly build a narrative to the film exploring all the different tools of Premiere Pro - 1 hour
- After this we will try and refine the edit by going over it a couple of times until it makes sense - 45 mins
- We will look at colouring the films so that it looks aesthetically pleasing - 45 mins
- Finally we will do a viewing session where we look at everyone's outcome and review it, providing feedback so that the pupil can take the film home to work on - 45 mins. 300 mins//5 hours
What you will take home with you is not only a skill set to edit a variety of films in different genres, but also a confidence to produce a professional and visually pleasing outcome.
To view more of my work visit www.lilyvetch.com
If the presented timings don't work for you, let me know in advance and we will try and arrange a more suitable time.
Thank you for looking. xxxx
Select a class time
None of the dates work for you? Let the host know and you will be notified when new dates are added.
You will only receive an email from us if new dates are added for this class, you will not receive any marketing emails, and that's a promise!
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, Lily Vetch Studio
Lily spent three years practising Graphic Design Communication BA at Chelsea College of Arts. Since graduating she has started her own studio with a focus on film and photography. After uni Lily spent a couple of years assisting photographers in and out of the office such as Jamie Hawkesworth. Alongside this she worked at a photographic printing lab where she learnt all about analogue photography. Lily works in a mixture of digital and analogue processes. Many hours are spent refining her photographic prints by experimenting in the darkroom. She has been editing films since the age of 16 and so is often hired by high end clients because of her skills in making low budget films look professional. Lily studied the work of Terence Malick, Paolo Sorrentino and Steve McQueen in the way they have used wide angle lenses to create a sense of 'epicness'. She's really keen to teach the vast amount of skills that she's acquired in filmmaking and photography to a class of students who also have a keen interest in these exciting mediums. Lily continues to support a handful of young creatives and it gives her great joy to see them blossom. Lily's set up is in her studio/home which is in the heart of Shoreditch, walking distance from Liverpool Street and Old Street. There are many places to eat, drink and explore in the area.
Previous clientele has included i-D Magazine, Hero Magazine, Astley Clarke, L'óreal, Red Light Management, Arkitaip, Secret Spa x Kiehl’s, the RAF and LAB Records.
All students must have Premiere Pro downloaded on their own laptop to bring to class. I of course want to make the class available for everyone and so if you cannot acquire Premiere Pro and a laptop for financial reasons please contact me and I will make alternative arrangements. Please bring snacks, water and tea will be available. There is no parking outside my house, but there is a car park just down the road from me. It is a little pricey, but contact me for more details.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.