ExposureWorks' classes are created for a unique 1-on-1 teaching experience and so this class is available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session so that you can have his full attention. If none of the dates work for you, please suggest a day and a time (using the link underneath the dates). It couldn't be simpler, right?
In this class
See London like you've never seen it before! Canary Wharf / The Barbican is your destination, where a cityscape of reflections, perspective, patterns, depth and abstraction awaits.
You'll need pretty good control of exposure, shutter speed, aperture and ISO to make the most out of urban jungle photography, but classes are 1-on-1 so you'll have direct feedback when needed. If you are not up for it, that's OK because György has some fantastic beginner classes too, check them out here!
At the start of the class, you'll set out to enjoy a few hours of guided, yet relaxed and fun photography practice. Go solo, or take your pick of several creative challenges like 'finding patterns', 'frames within frames' and 'reflections'.
Finish off by sharing a slideshow of your images, discussing any technical/creative issues that you faced while mastering the photography of urban environments and candid street scenes.
Now you can
- get creative and challenge yourself to find the beauty in an urban landscape
- dust off that photography A-level certificate and turn it into something of purpose
- feel the confidence to go to anywhere in the world and capture the vibrance of a city in full swing
Nb. A-level photography not actually required
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
Gift this class to a friend or loved one
About your host, ExposureWorks
All of ExposureWorks' classes are available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session. The sessions are specifically designed for 1-to-1 tuition allowing students to learn in a safe environment and tailor the class to whatever is most needed.
ExposureWorks photography courses cover a wide range of topics:
- simplifying and understanding your DSLR, leaving those automatic settings behind, for good.
- turning you into a photographer who can act fast
- basic and creative exposure control perfecting control of aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- understanding how that lenses works whilst mastering auto-focus
- getting you prepared for those everyday situations you really want to master: portraits of children, travel photography, blurred backgrounds, shooting sports and wildlife, difficult landscapes (bright sun, sunsets, sunrises) and successful nighttime photography
Hosted by György László, who trained in 35mm and 16mm filmmaking at Famu in Prague. György has learnt from the some of the best teachers all over the world (native Hungary, Czech Republic and the US). He loves explaining his craft almost as much as he loves igniting the passion in others for photography. Over the past three years he has taught over 500 courses and close to 2500 people between running ExposureWorks and working at one of London's biggest Digital Photography Schools DSLRphotographycourses.com, gaining a vast wealth of experience.
If you’re just starting out or simply want to improve your family or holiday snapshots to savour those special moments, ExposureWorks courses are for you. Perhaps you want to delve deeper. You yearn for that creative exposure control or an understanding of the true extent of your lenses capabilities? György is your man. All classes are for 1-to-1 tuition, however, if you want to bring a friend or family member then you are able to bring 1 or maximum 2 more people - oh and in this case, you will all receive 25% off your booking.
* You **do not need a camera** to take this class. György has many cameras and can bring one to your home for you to use if necessary.* This is London, and the course takes place outside whatever the weather so make like a boyscout and be prepared! Don't forget gloves on chilly days (fingers get cold fast!) and a bottle of water when it warms up.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.