ExposureWorks' classes are created for a unique 1-on-1 teaching experience and so this class is available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session so that you can have his full attention. If none of the dates work for you, please suggest a day and a time (using the link underneath the dates). It couldn't be simpler, right?
In this class
An expensive camera guarantees perfect photos, right? Well apparently not! You need to get comfortable with your own camera and familiarise yourself with its settings, and after this 4 hour class, György László will have you feeling like a pro.
For the first 2 hours, György will get you comfortable with your camera and its settings. There'll be a bit of theory but fear not! Photography is not a theoretical art and for a good 2 hours you'll be putting some of that theory into practice both indoors and out:
- getting your exposure right: understanding aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- experimenting with aperture and depth-of-field for those arty photos where the background is all blurred, you know the ones!
- using your camera's light meter, mastering auto-focus and avoiding overexposure
György has a wealth of teaching experience and will take you through all the features on your camera, step-by-step. Whether you're already taking regular photography expeditions to Iceland or looking apprehensively at a new toy in its bubblewrap, his calm, relaxed attitude is reassuring so you can always seek his counsel, free of judgement.
Now you can
- Convert your DSLR from an enemy to your bestfriend
- Understand lenses so you know what's going on when you're looking at one that you might want to buy
- Avoid having to sift through hundreds of shots to find that hidden gem you took
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
Gift this class to a friend or loved one
About your host, ExposureWorks
All of ExposureWorks' classes are available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session. The sessions are specifically designed for 1-to-1 tuition allowing students to learn in a safe environment and tailor the class to whatever is most needed.
ExposureWorks photography courses cover a wide range of topics:
- simplifying and understanding your DSLR, leaving those automatic settings behind, for good.
- turning you into a photographer who can act fast
- basic and creative exposure control perfecting control of aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- understanding how that lenses works whilst mastering auto-focus
- getting you prepared for those everyday situations you really want to master: portraits of children, travel photography, blurred backgrounds, shooting sports and wildlife, difficult landscapes (bright sun, sunsets, sunrises) and successful nighttime photography
Hosted by György László, who trained in 35mm and 16mm filmmaking at Famu in Prague. György has learnt from the some of the best teachers all over the world (native Hungary, Czech Republic and the US). He loves explaining his craft almost as much as he loves igniting the passion in others for photography. Over the past three years he has taught over 500 courses and close to 2500 people between running ExposureWorks and working at one of London's biggest Digital Photography Schools DSLRphotographycourses.com, gaining a vast wealth of experience.
If you’re just starting out or simply want to improve your family or holiday snapshots to savour those special moments, ExposureWorks courses are for you. Perhaps you want to delve deeper. You yearn for that creative exposure control or an understanding of the true extent of your lenses capabilities? György is your man. All classes are for 1-to-1 tuition, however, if you want to bring a friend or family member then you are able to bring 1 or maximum 2 more people - oh and in this case, you will all receive 25% off your booking.
You **do not need a camera** to take this class. György has many cameras and can bring one to your home for you to use if necessary.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.