ExposureWorks' classes are created for a unique 1-on-1 teaching experience and so this class is available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session so that you can have his full attention. If none of the dates work for you, please suggest a day and a time (using the link underneath the dates).
In this class
Squabbling, distractions, poor lighting. In the era of daily instagram #babyphotos, it can be hard to slow down and take real candid family shots. The kind of images that capture a scene so perfectly you'll always be able to look back and cherish that moment.
This course is for any level of photographer, so say goodbye to blurry shots, master those shutter speeds and apertures and boost your confidence. You (and your kids) will be thanking Obby in years to come when you hit play on that embarrassing wedding slideshow!
ExposureWorks brings you a mix of theory and practice. For the first 2 hours, György will get you comfortable with your camera and its settings. After that, you can guide the next 4 hours shooting to a nearby park or stay at home in your own garden to practice taking pictures of your loved ones. There'll be some fun activities that your children will enjoy while you perfect:
- taking control of the autofocus, perhaps the most critical tool in capturing those blink-of-an-eye moments right
- using shutter speeds to control how movement appears in your photos
- using aperture to take lovely, artistic portraits of your child with the background blurring behind them
Now you can
- Turn your DSLR from an enemy to your bestfriend
- Make better informed decisions when buying new cameras and lenses
- Save time, no longer having to sift through hundreds of shots to find that one hidden gem
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, ExposureWorks
All of ExposureWorks' classes are available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session. The sessions are specifically designed for 1-to-1 tuition allowing students to learn in a safe environment and tailor the class to whatever is most needed.
ExposureWorks photography courses cover a wide range of topics:
- simplifying and understanding your DSLR, leaving those automatic settings behind, for good.
- turning you into a photographer who can act fast
- basic and creative exposure control perfecting control of aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- understanding how that lenses works whilst mastering auto-focus
- getting you prepared for those everyday situations you really want to master: portraits of children, travel photography, blurred backgrounds, shooting sports and wildlife, difficult landscapes (bright sun, sunsets, sunrises) and successful nighttime photography
Hosted by György László, who trained in 35mm and 16mm filmmaking at Famu in Prague. György has learnt from the some of the best teachers all over the world (native Hungary, Czech Republic and the US). He loves explaining his craft almost as much as he loves igniting the passion in others for photography. Over the past three years he has taught over 500 courses and close to 2500 people between running ExposureWorks and working at one of London's biggest Digital Photography Schools DSLRphotographycourses.com, gaining a vast wealth of experience.
If you’re just starting out or simply want to improve your family or holiday snapshots to savour those special moments, ExposureWorks courses are for you. Perhaps you want to delve deeper. You yearn for that creative exposure control or an understanding of the true extent of your lenses capabilities? György is your man.
You **do not need a camera** to take this class. György has many cameras and can bring one to your home for you to use if necessary.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.