What you will do
Three session course
Structured with beginners in mind, this evening class is ideal for those looking to get a head start in the photography field. From the functions and settings included in your camera, to the perfect composition, lighting and settings for your images, this class makes sure that your foundation photography knowledge is solid.
In this class
This class covers the basics of using your DSLR, before venturing into image creation techniques and critique. You are invited to bring one image along for discussion/feedback with our friendly, experienced tutor.
This class covers:
- Buttons and functions
- Menus and settings
- Introduction to White Balance
- Auto Focus and Focus Points
- Manual Focus
- Exposure compensation and exposure lock
- Basics of RAW
- The light meter
- Metering modes
- Aperture and shutter speed priority
- Manual mode
- Depth of Field
- Freezing and blurring motion
- Basics of composition
- Optimising the camera settings
Now you can
- use your DSLR with confidence, applying the tips, trick and techniques learned during the session
- create fantastically composed images withffective lighting and techniques
- understand how DSLR settings affect the end result and apply this knowledge to your hobby
A course handout will be provided to use during the course and for reference once the course is complete.
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
About your host, Photography Course London
Photography Course London is a Photography school based in East London, Shoreditch, offering a wide variety of courses and classes, from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced DSLR Photography to Post-Production Courses. You can engage in classes in the evening, daytime and on Saturday, in the classroom or fully practical, on location or in the studio. Their approach revolves around a focus on small sized classes at affordable prices, with experienced and skilled teachers as well as practitioners in the professional photographic industry. Click with photography by learning from the best.
- Just a stones throw away from… Old Steet Tube Station
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.