ExposureWorks' classes are created for a unique 1-on-1 teaching experience and so this class is available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session so that you can have his full attention. If none of the dates work for you, please suggest a day and a time (using the link underneath the dates). It couldn't be simpler, right?
In this class
Lightroom essentials might be about editing your already beautifully taken images, but what you'll learn in this class goes way beyond the screen. It's a passion for attention to detail, colours, shapes and storytelling. Every picture is what you make it - learn how to style yours now!
In the first part of the class, you'll get comfortable with Lightroom and its Library module, and the basics of how to import, organise, tag and add keywords for easy searching. Then, once you speak the Lightroom language, you'll be getting to grips with more powerful editing features like:
- histograms, image types (JPEG vs. RAW) and cropping
- crisp black and white images
- colours, oh so many colours and filters
György will be there to guide you all the way - but this is not a lecture, you'll be thrown into the thick of it. It's the best way to learn.
Now you can
- impress people with beautiful rescued images that have been sitting around unusable for years
- build stunning albums, books and memorable experiences from your favourite holidays / events
- be confident you'll never lose your pictures again, with Lightroom it's almost impossible
Did you know?
We ensure quality. If your class doesn't reach your expectations, we'll give your money back.
This is a Flexitime class, which means the teacher can run this class around your schedule.
Time & Location
Select a date and location you want and your teacher will get back to you to confirm their availability.
About your host, ExposureWorks
All of ExposureWorks' classes are available anywhere in London as György, your tutor, will travel to you for the session. The sessions are specifically designed for 1-to-1 tuition allowing students to learn in a safe environment and tailor the class to whatever is most needed.
ExposureWorks photography courses cover a wide range of topics:
- simplifying and understanding your DSLR, leaving those automatic settings behind, for good.
- turning you into a photographer who can act fast
- basic and creative exposure control perfecting control of aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- understanding how that lenses works whilst mastering auto-focus
- getting you prepared for those everyday situations you really want to master: portraits of children, travel photography, blurred backgrounds, shooting sports and wildlife, difficult landscapes (bright sun, sunsets, sunrises) and successful nighttime photography
Hosted by György László, who trained in 35mm and 16mm filmmaking at Famu in Prague. György has learnt from the some of the best teachers all over the world (native Hungary, Czech Republic and the US). He loves explaining his craft almost as much as he loves igniting the passion in others for photography. Over the past three years he has taught over 500 courses and close to 2500 people between running ExposureWorks and working at one of London's biggest Digital Photography Schools DSLRphotographycourses.com, gaining a vast wealth of experience.
If you’re just starting out or simply want to improve your family or holiday snapshots to savour those special moments, ExposureWorks courses are for you. Perhaps you want to delve deeper. You yearn for that creative exposure control or an understanding of the true extent of your lenses capabilities? György is your man.
To get the most out of the photo editing course, bring along your favourite RAW images to work on - portraits, landscapes, scanned negatives, holiday photos or macro and wildlife shots. Whatever floats your boat.On a technical note, the latest version of Lightroom is called alternatively CC (Creative Cloud) or version 6. Don't feel under pressure to come with the latest version though. If you don't have Lightroom yet, you can download a free 30-day trial from Adobe.
Flexible cancellation policy
Any class can be cancelled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase. See cancellation policy.